Hello,
For that that may not know - I did not until today, as I do not usually display protected operating system files, but in the root of Drive C - is a re-introduction of a file called "swapfile.sys" which, if I remember correctly, and I do stand corrected if not so, was in use with Windows 3 and early editions of Windows 9x - and which was later renamed "pagefile.sys".

The swapfile was re-introduced with Windows 8 and is a practice that has continued with Windows 10. I gather that the use of this swapfile is for "swapping out Microsoft’s universal apps, Windows Store apps, Metro apps, Modern apps, Windows 8 apps, Windows 8-style UI apps, and other things at various points".

I prefer to do all of my "tweaking" via the Registry or through the cmd line whenever I can and have been able to perform most of the tweaks using these methods. However, changes have been made in Windows 10 that makes such tweaks more difficult or even impossible to perform.

With regards to the pagefile, with 8GB's of RAM, on my own systems, I disable the pagefile - much to the chagrin of many! Not too sure why though? At other times, I set the page file to a small and unusable partition of the HDD and then allocate RAM to that partition. Such efforts are not possible with the swapfile however - at least as far as I have been able to ascertain.

Swapfile.sys maximum size is typically less than 256 MB.

Anyhow, someone has provided a Registry hack to disable the swapfile completely - so I thought that I might share this information with you.
* Note: To keep things simple, I have provided two reg keys, one to add the key, and one to remove the key.
* As there still appears to be issues with adding attachments via a posting, I have uploaded the ZIP fie to my Web site. You can obtain that ZIP file here...[click_me]

Lastly, disabling the pagefile will also remove the swapfile.

I hope that some may find this information useful?