Close

Default MIN. SCREEN resolution

I have a nextbook 10 the resolution is 1280x800 , when I try to run Saw lite I get a min. resolution error , it should work right ? min. saw resolution is 1024x768 right ?
    thanks

I have pne more question an an all in one computer the focy size on the track labels is super small , can I change that or is it a system setting ??
    Last edited by mikebuzz; 10-19-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Default Re: MIN. SCREEN resolution

Make sure you have the Windows scaling size set to 100%... if set to 125% or higher (to make the text appear larger) the resolution is actually changed to a lower resolution.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Make sure you have the Windows scaling size set to 100%... if set to 125% or higher (to make the text appear larger) the resolution is actually changed to a lower resolution.

Bob L
    Thanks Bob , how about the Nextbook resolution issue ? I was looking at using it as a small mixer in LIVE mode with a usb-adat adapter from MiniDSP.com ( cool unit for 8 ch. )

SAW and SAC have both been set to handle the very small netbook resolutions of 1024 x 600... anything less than that cannot allow enough graphic on screen to be useful with these programs.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    SAW and SAC have both been set to handle the very small netbook resolutions of 1024 x 600... anything less than that cannot allow enough graphic on screen to be useful with these programs.

Bob L
    The only thing I can see is that the nextbook reports the resolution as 32 bit not 65k color it is 1280x800 reso however ? not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by mikebuzz View Post
    The only thing I can see is that the nextbook reports the resolution as 32 bit not 65k color it is 1280x800 reso however ? not a big deal
    Have you tried resetting your prefs back to default for the F-Key files? Else perhaps try a 'clean' install of SAWLite to see if that throws the same error...

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Have you tried resetting your prefs back to default for the F-Key files? Else perhaps try a 'clean' install of SAWLite to see if that throws the same error...
    It wont even run so I cant change anything ! weird, I fixed it , my display scaling was at 157% for some reason , works fine now
    Last edited by mikebuzz; 10-21-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Mike,

Backup, then delete the .prf file.

9. Default Re: MIN. SCREEN resolution

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Mike,

Backup, then delete the .prf file.
    Thanks , I posted this on another forum and thought you guys would like to check it out

SO I got the USB Streamer B and setup a Nextbook tablet running Win 10 to a ADA8000 8 ch pre with adat direct to 2 powered mains and several monitors out ( 8 in x 8 out ) Using another software( could not get SAW to work with the touch screen faders ? not big enough ) . setup to act as a PA and to record 8 tracks at the same time ! works GREAT , so far my latency 64x2 buffers so it sounds good with no dropouts. I am able to use multiple FX and comps on this setup with no issues.
    I setup 2 subs for delay + WAVES Reverb sends + comps on other ch's like the kik and snare and a limiter on the mains to not blow chit up.
    NICE BOX GUYS ! MiniDSP Streamer B unit https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb...sbstreamer-box

I have recorded 8 tracks while live no problems , I would like to try a 16ch setup at some point but I have no need for that now

Anyhow wanted to let you all know that this is the lightest smallest most powerful PA I have ever seen with A/d Tablet + 2 mains I am at 85 lbs total for 1600 watts ( not including monitors )
    Hell my old Amp weighed 65 lbs alone LMFAO .
    Powerful setup and super LIGHT