Close

Default Problem creating working .cue files

Hi all,

I've mastered a project for a client, mixing down the master edl using Cue Sheet Generator and all seems to be going fine. But the resultant mastered files that would be loaded into a cue burning software are not correct. The first track is silent (it has the proper size, but no audio is present), and the rest of the tracks are 0 bytes. Otherwise, all the meta data looks correct. And no burning app will process the cue file. I've previously done this process on literally hundreds of projects with no issues.

The master edl plays just fine, so I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I'll attach the master edl and cue file. If anyone has time, please take a look at them and see if anything is obviously wrong that I'm missing.

Well, for some reason I can't get the zipped edl or zipped cue file to upload, even though they're only 14kb and 1kb respectively. I'll try later. I guess without those files, this e-mail is superfluous. But hey... I did all this typing, so I'll leave it and come back later.

Just thought of uploading to my Google drive. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13z...Nh2TsStH3fvqFW

TIA
    Last edited by Richard Rupert; 11-04-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Google drive upload
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Default Re: Problem creating working .cue files

HA!!! I figured it out. For the curious of you: I recently bought a new mixer and have assigned the output of SAW to tracks 31 and 32. The edl had been assigned to 1 and 2 as was my previous board. This was an old edl, so I simply re-assigned the outputs to 31 and 32, but DIDN'T MOVE THE CUE SHEET GENERATOR to those outputs. Everything looked good, but there was something definitely rotten in Denmark (or the country of your choice).

Anyway the moral of the story is: Don't do that!!!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Richard.. don't do that...
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Richard.. don't do that...
    No, never again, for sure. I spent hours on that dang problem, only to go back at it another time, and the solution smacked me right in the face. The cause seemed so obvious when I finally saw it. Some lessons just come hard, I guess.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Why is the answer always in the LAST place you looK???
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Right!! I should have thought to look there in the first place. Hahaha!!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Blog Entries

Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    ...I agree.

However, the first placed you looked - would that not also be the last place you looked?