Close

Blog Entries

Default Helpfile Comment

Good day,

I have obtained a printout of the current SAC manual and read something that I "must'a missed" way-back-when!

The manual states: "There are certain adjustments that should be made to your Windows environment to obtain the best performance and maximum stability required for a high performance SAWStudio system. Remember, you are asking your computer to do a specific job processing audio. Trim it down."

Now...here is the interesting part..."Do not load it with all kinds of games and other office type applications... do not use it to surf the web and process emails and other home computer type tasks."

Now, I do have two systems...my office/work system - which does have SAW and SAC loaded - along with other work-type applications...but that system is not my performance system.

Curious to know how may folks use only a single system for both "tasks"?

Default Re: Helpfile Comment

I use SAW on a multi task machine for small mixing jobs only. Anything large or running with SAC is ran on its own dedicated machine. I learned this running measurement equipment like CMM's. Keep a dedicated machine for each piece of equipment and don't use it for other tasks. We just replaced an old XP machine running a measurement software at work. This machine was purchased in 2011 and was still working. We only had to upgrade because of the operating system.
    Last edited by Dale B; 11-12-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Helpfile Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

Curious to know how may folks use only a single system for both "tasks"?
    I have two dedicated SAW PCs now: one with W10 LTSC and one with WXP. It's an enormous hassle, but I sneaker net everything to them.