I have had nothing but problems getting SS and my Aurora(n) to work together, there is a driver problem and I am to few of a user for either party to spend the amount of time to fix this. I get it and I'm done trying. So,I will tell you what happens and end it there. Aurora(n)Thunderbolt 3 connected to PC works flawlessly using Pro Tools, Reaper, MixBus and Sampitude ProX4, but SS has this crackle when recording and records the crackle noise which you hear on playback, Months back Bob had tried helping me with this issue to no resolve. I am using a Millennia HV3D, 8 API 512c's and 2 Daking Pre 4's, giving me 24 tracks going into my Aurora(n)32TB3. I want to use SS only, so it looks like the Aurora has to go and I want to ask this group what your thoughts are on Pre's/AD/DA converters. I ordered a RME HDSPe MADI FX card today and I'm tossed at either buying either (3) Octamic XTC's or (3) Micstacy's to replace my aforementioned Pre Amps or keeping my PreAmps and purchasing the RME M-32 Pro AD Converter and using for now the headphone output of the MADI FX Card. I know that RME Cards are very good, I've used them for years, but as far as their preamps, especially the XTC's and the Micstacy's, do they hold up against API,Millennia and Daking? Note. the main interest in these preamps is that they can connect via MADI which I'm committed to using.

Any thoughts,

Thanks