Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Export Tracks to Soundfiles - What am I missing?

Just grasping at straws. I have seen plugins affect the end boundaries when processing with buffer holding plugins with regions truncated, so was curious if the same type of thing could happen even though the FX aren’t processed. I have used the blank regions to prevent region truncation caused by plugins.

I have never seen an issue with the starting position, so that is pretty strange. I would try a trim & save of the whole session to a new EDL and see if you get the same result. If not, it’s probably some corruption in the original EDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    Michael,

I do not have plugs in the outputs. Not exactly sure why that would be an issue since I am not utilizing mixer processing in the export. I was successful when I placed a blank region at the beginning of tracks without data at that point on the timeline.

Thanks for the blank region idea!
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I would try a trim & save of the whole session to a new EDL and see if you get the same result. If not, it's probably some corruption in the original EDL.
    Michael,

I trimmed and saved as you suggested and all worked as it should. I'll try to remember this trick!

Mike
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Glad that helped.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    Michael,

I trimmed and saved as you suggested and all worked as it should. I'll try to remember this trick!

Mike
    For future reference, you might want to try Extract Session sometime, too.
    I found with Trim and Save that the file name length can get really long, really easy and that has caused problems for me before, when backing up files. Extract Session does not append the new file names with additional text as Trim/Save does. You can also use the channel group technique of blackening certain channels to extract into a new session, which I have found really useful. I'm not sure that Trim/Save does this little trick (it's been so long since I've used that).

Anyway, something to experiment with, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    For future reference, you might want to try Extract Session sometime, too.
    I found with Trim and Save that the file name length can get really long, really easy and that has caused problems for me before, when backing up files. Extract Session does not append the new file names with additional text as Trim/Save does. You can also use the channel group technique of blackening certain channels to extract into a new session, which I have found really useful. I'm not sure that Trim/Save does this little trick (it's been so long since I've used that).

Anyway, something to experiment with, maybe.
    This has been helpful in renaming lots of files in one batch.

https://www.1-4a.com/rename/
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    This has been helpful in renaming lots of files in one batch.

https://www.1-4a.com/rename/
    Absolutely. I used it just this morning to rename some misspelled files, in fact.