Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Export Tracks to Soundfiles - What am I missing?

I am trying to export tracks to sound files (all layers) without mixer processing. My result is drastically mis-aligned tracks when importing into a fresh session. (Many tracks are shortened - Not the length of the entire performance. I have tried both marking beginning and ending and without markers. Same result.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Default Re: Export Tracks to Soundfiles - What am I missing?

Is it just one particular edl that's causing the problem? What happens if you try exporting just the top layer?

The process has always worked like a charm for me - the speed and ease of it is one of the many strengths of SAW.

Even though you are trying to export without the processing of plugins, their latency can screw up this kind of export. Try placing a blank region at the end of every track that doesn’t actually go to the end of the project and see if things work better.
    Michael McInnis Productions

The tracks export to the last region end position.. so different tracks can be different lengths if some tracks end before others... but they should all still be in sync starting from the start position.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The tracks export to the last region end position.. so different tracks can be different lengths if some tracks end before others... but they should all still be in sync starting from the start position.

Bob L
    Bob,

I've used this with great success in the past but it seem the tracks are using the start position rather than the end position and then placing everything at the beginning when importing into new session. I am going to try the idea of adding a blank at the beginning of the tracks.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Even though you are trying to export without the processing of plugins, their latency can screw up this kind of export. Try placing a blank region at the end of every track that doesn***8217;t actually go to the end of the project and see if things work better.
    I am going to try placing a blank region at the beginning. This seems to be where the issue lies. I shall report my results.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

It worked by placing a blank region at the beginning of the tracks without information at that point. Not sure what's going on. I've used this function successfully in the past and do not remember this extra step. I'm on 32bit v5.8a
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

You should not have to do that... the export should start at the start position and build blank data until it finds real audio region data... then build blank data in between regions up until the end of the last region.

Bob L

Do you have plugins in the pre position of your output busses?
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Do you have plugins in the pre position of your output busses?
    Michael,

I do not have plugs in the outputs. Not exactly sure why that would be an issue since I am not utilizing mixer processing in the export. I was successful when I placed a blank region at the beginning of tracks without data at that point on the timeline.

Thanks for the blank region idea!
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV