Close

1. Default unlink stereo ASIO in/outs

I am using a MiniDSP Usb to Adat/toslink adapter for a live PA rig , in SAW the ins/outs of the ADA8000 show up as stereo in/out and I cannot unlink them in SAW , I tried un linking in their driver but Saw always sees them as stereo in/outs ? , I have used this on other software like Reaper and it does not do this ? Is it a reporting issue with the driver ?
    THanks ]
    BUZZ

Default Re: unlink stereo ASIO in/outs

SAW lists them as stereo pairs in the Audio Device list, but you have a choice to treat them as individual mono inputs when recording. When choosing input devices in the record meter, select mono devices and you will see them listed as Dev L or Dev R individual inputs.

Bob L

3. Default Re: unlink stereo ASIO in/outs

AH I knew it was something fairly simple just couldn't figure it out , thanks BOB

Does this apply to LIVE inputs as well , or I guess I can put it in record mode and live right ? gotta test it out

Live mode only see's the 4 inputs even in mono , I just put it in record mode with Rec/Rdy ON
    Last edited by mikebuzz2; 12-12-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Default Re: unlink stereo ASIO in/outs

Quote Originally Posted by mikebuzz2 View Post
    AH I knew it was something fairly simple just couldn't figure it out , thanks BOB

Does this apply to LIVE inputs as well , or I guess I can put it in record mode and live right ? gotta test it out

Live mode only see's the 4 inputs even in mono , I just put it in record mode with Rec/Rdy ON
    Where are you looking at LIVE mode inputs? I believe you can select the same stereo device at the top of two mixer channels, then select the L mono side for one and the R mono side for the other using the correct MONO buttons near the top of the strip.

Yeah, SAW has a different way of getting mono ins than most DAWs that I've used.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts