Close

Default Problems using Blue Cats Plug ins in Saw

Is anybody using Blue Cats plug ins in Saw studio?, I cna use them in any other software but saw strudio, when nloading is asking for the UI, and cant find it doesn matter what I do, I move the ddls to Vst in Saw like normally, but with this one the UI is not loading so the Plug doent work, any ideas or is someone using it already, they are great.

Mario

Default Re: Problems using Blue Cats Plug ins in Saw

I use Blue Cat plugins is SawStudio with no problem, but on each machine they have to be installed first. You can't just take the VST's from one computer and move them to another, or they won't work.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Danny O View Post
    I use Blue Cat plugins is SawStudio with no problem, but on each machine they have to be installed first. You can't just take the VST's from one computer and move them to another, or they won't work.
    Hi thanks for your response,

I install them normally like any other plug in then I copy the dlls to the SAW studio vst directory as usually, tha way other programs can use them and also SAW, dindt work, so the I run the instaltion again and instal the 32 bit version in the vst saw directory, since my saw is still the 32 bit version, and did not work either, what is happening is tha when I insert any of the plu ing cant find the default,xml file for the UI, am I doing something worg, can you explain to ma how you did it?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Try installing them in their normal default location... not in the SAW folder... then use my .ini link method to point to where they are... this will keep all their internal registry and file links intact and probably solve the missing GUI problem.

The .ini method is documented in the helpfile in the Plugin seection.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by lagsbartt View Post
    Hi thanks for your response,

I install them normally like any other plug in then I copy the dlls to the SAW studio vst directory as usually, tha way other programs can use them and also SAW, dindt work, so the I run the instaltion again and instal the 32 bit version in the vst saw directory, since my saw is still the 32 bit version, and did not work either, what is happening is tha when I insert any of the plu ing cant find the default,xml file for the UI, am I doing something worg, can you explain to ma how you did it?

Thanks and Happy Holidays
    I also use a Blue Cat PlugIn (Protector) and can't get it to work the normal way of dropping the dll file in the vst folder or doing Bob's method creating a ini. I've done both methods with other plugins and they work, just not the Blue Cat. Could you tell me if you did something different to get yours to work.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Try installing them in their normal default location... not in the SAW folder... then use my .ini link method to point to where they are... this will keep all their internal registry and file links intact and probably solve the missing GUI problem.

Bob L
    Hi Bob, ok I will try that and will let you know, happy New Year!!!

Mario

Working fine now, thanks

Mario
    Last edited by lagsbartt; 12-29-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

Bob L
    Hi Bob, now I am getting truble loading plug in

this is the ini file

C:\Archivos de Programa (x86)\Vstplugins\Blue Cat's\Blue Cat FreqAnalystPro VST(Stereo).dll

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy McLoughlin View Post
    I also use a Blue Cat PlugIn (Protector) and can't get it to work the normal way of dropping the dll file in the vst folder or doing Bob's method creating a ini. I've done both methods with other plugins and they work, just not the Blue Cat. Could you tell me if you did something different to get yours to work.
    Thanks
    I am using Bobs recomendation ini file and worked fine

Mario