Close

Default USB Audio Interface w Windows 10 on Laptop w SAW

Hi,

I did a quick search and I know folks like the behringer

I have a laptop w SAW, running win10, and want something reliable and solid as an audio interface. My laptop has USB 3 ports.

So far I'm looking at the focusrite clarett, the rme babyface, or the UA usb version apollo twin (sweetwater is running a special where you get some anolog plug ins -- i know it runs the plug ins from the interface, not on the computer).

is the quality of sound from the clarett to the rme or apollo going to be noticeable? looking for something stable w win10. How i usually record is, I lay down an acoustic guitar track then send that out to drummer, B3, piano, etc. then if it grooves, i remove the acoustic guitar and re do guitars. then I sing the vocals at home.

my desktop studio has a rme fireface 800 that was upgraded by Black Lion audio, and for vocals i have an ADK TT mic that was upgraded by ADK.

I also want an interface where the preamps are great, so i don't have to add one.

Thanks,

Paul

Default Re: USB Audio Interface w Windows 10 on Laptop w SAW

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    I have a laptop w SAW, running win10, and want something reliable and solid as an audio interface. My laptop has USB 3 ports.

So far I'm looking at the focusrite clarett, the rme babyface, or the UA usb version apollo twin.
    I'm very happy with my RME Babyface.

Blog Entries

Paul,

As many have been happy with the pre's that are on the ADA's, I opted for the Behringer UMC404HD and am very happy with that interface.

I use the 404 in my live rig and I also use the 202HD for my office system.

I would suggest renting one and seeing how it works out for you?

Hope this helps?

Thanks!

this one at sweetwater looks interesting. especially recording electric guitars.

Audient Sono Guitar Recording Audio Interface

also they have lots of choices in terms of RME.
    Last edited by PaulH; 12-29-2019 at 10:58 PM.