Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anwida Plugin repeated authorization

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my studio computer and installed all my plugins, including several by Anwidasoft. Unfortunately, for some reason I have to re-authorize them every time I run SAWStudio. They return to their demo mode whenever I close and re-open SAW.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and solved it?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Default Re: Anwida Plugin repeated authorization

Yea, I really like some of these effects and had some machine change many years ago - and getting hold of Awinda was impossible - or maybe they lost track of the customer database. I hacked around on this problem. This is off the top of my head...

at command prompt run regedit and search for awinda

one of the keys will have an entry of a long number which is a unix timestamp. I forget if it is decimal or hex. Anyway, you should be able to either use date on a mac or linux or online search of unix timestamp calculator and replace the timestamp with one several years in the future.

Windows may have the same functionality in 'date' too. Pass it the help parameter.

save then you should be OK for the next few years...

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Yea, I really like some of these effects and had some machine change many years ago - and getting hold of Awinda was impossible - or maybe they lost track of the customer database. I hacked around on this problem. This is off the top of my head...

at command prompt run regedit and search for awinda

one of the keys will have an entry of a long number which is a unix timestamp. I forget if it is decimal or hex. Anyway, you should be able to either use date on a mac or linux or online search of unix timestamp calculator and replace the timestamp with one several years in the future.

Windows may have the same functionality in 'date' too. Pass it the help parameter.

save then you should be OK for the next few years...
    Wow!! It really shouldn't be that difficult, should it? I'll see if I can accomplish that. Thanks!!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

I had an email exchange with Massimiliano in 2014 about registration stuff. Looks like the current site is down, but promising something new coming soon, so he may still be active. All you can do is try.

I have three addresses:

support2 at anwida dot com
    myaccount at anwida dot com
    contact at anwida dot com

But jmh's approach is interesting...
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Like I said, I found this a while ago - and only because I work with timestamps...

I just ran

date+%s

on my linux laptop. The result was
    which is one less than the number of seconds since 1969 UTC

So if you recently installed the plugins one of the keys will be a number near this.

On my old machine I have a key in the following regedit directory:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AWINDA Soft\SS Flanger for SAWStudio\1.5.000

(and a similarly named directory for each effect)

There is a key named FR which is set to:
    which would be a time in 2036*

If this is the right key (and it probably is), it's value in your machine will probably be about the number from the date command above or less. If that is the case, change that key to 2100000000 (that's 8 zeros) for each effect - otherwise I'll poke around some more.

*There is a maximum value for unixtime which represents a date in 2038 (the world may end like with the Y2K bug only climate change may take us there first) where the datatype wraps.

Note to Awinda developer: If you make a 64 bit version, I will only buy an upgrade it if does not have some stupid registration system. There was probably a year or two that these did not work for me. As it is, I feel owed for 'loss of services'. I annoy my wife sometimes, and get deprived of plugin functionality - I don't want to add to the situation.
    Last edited by jmh; 08-26-2019 at 03:27 PM.

I annoy my wife sometimes, and get deprived of plugin functionality - I don't want to add to the situation.
    Good God, y'all.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Like I said, I found this a while ago - and only because I work with timestamps...

I just ran

date+%s

on my linux laptop. The result was
    which is one less than the number of seconds since 1969 UTC

So if you recently installed the plugins one of the keys will be a number near this.

On my old machine I have a key in the following regedit directory:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AWINDA Soft\SS Flanger for SAWStudio\1.5.000

(and a similarly named directory for each effect)

There is a key named FR which is set to:
    which would be a time in 2036*

If this is the right key (and it probably is), it's value in your machine will probably be about the number from the date command above or less. If that is the case, change that key to 2100000000 (that's 8 zeros) for each effect - otherwise I'll poke around some more.

*There is a maximum value for unixtime which represents a date in 2038 (the world may end like with the Y2K bug only climate change may take us there first) where the datatype wraps.

Note to Awinda developer: If you make a 64 bit version, I will only buy an upgrade it if does not have some stupid registration system. There was probably a year or two that these did not work for me. As it is, I feel owed for 'loss of services'. I annoy my wife sometimes, and get deprived of plugin functionality - I don't want to add to the situation.
    Holy Cow... that worked!! My plugins are now holding their registration. Thanks, JMH. And I hope your plugin functionality deprivation gets forever resolved. (At least until 2038).
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Thanks, JMH. And I hope your plugin functionality deprivation gets forever resolved. (At least until 2038).
    ...not to worry. That was a joke. Because I would never annoy my wife!

...not to worry. That was a joke. Because I would never annoy my wife!
    I don't let mine read my posts, for good reason!
    She cooks.
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Now I have a problem

Who knows the installer file name?

I've built a new machine and have to re-install anwida myself. I have it - just a matter of finding it.

The webpage is as unresponsive as ever - but good things are coming...