Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Why doesn't SAW Studio Lite remember my audio hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Unless your Soundfile View takes up the whole screen, simply clicking outside it is the quickest way to close it IMHO. Much easier than finding the corner X or an F Key. But as always, Bob has provided many choices to allow for personal preference.
    Sorry Richard;

Having the SF-view not open when you don't intend it to, is my preferred choice, and being pointed to the option to disable that functionality made my day (, or morning) l, as always, this forum rocks!

Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Now that I know about the t key, I think I'll try turning off doubleclick again too. As far as clicking off the side of the soundfile, a lot of time you wind up with a pleated effect, it kind of depends on the underlying view, open plugins (which can't really be expected to fall into line)...

BTW does t do anything in sf view? When I tried it yesterday I don't know that it did anything - but maybe the cursor was off sf?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Now that I know about the t key, I think I'll try turning off doubleclick again too. As far as clicking off the side of the soundfile, a lot of time you wind up with a pleated effect, it kind of depends on the underlying view, open plugins (which can't really be expected to fall into line)...

BTW does t do anything in sf view? When I tried it yesterday I don't know that it did anything - but maybe the cursor was off sf?
    T toggles between the MT hot track and the soundfile view. If you're in the soundfile when you click T, it returns you to the hot track in the MT. If you don't happen to have that track in the same f-key view as your soundfile, then you are likely to not notice where the active view has been shifted when you hit the T key.

It's helpful to have an f-key set up with the soundfile (as large or small as you might typically need to work in) and with a track, or a few tracks (my preference) of the MT on the screen above or below the soundfile window. This way toggling the T key is evident when the active window is changed and you see the yellow lettering of the MT or soundfile title.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    T toggles between the MT hot track and the soundfile view. If you're in the soundfile when you click T, it returns you to the hot track in the MT. If you don't happen to have that track in the same f-key view as your soundfile, then you are likely to not notice where the active view has been shifted when you hit the T key.

It's helpful to have an f-key set up with the soundfile (as large or small as you might typically need to work in) and with a track, or a few tracks (my preference) of the MT on the screen above or below the soundfile window. This way toggling the T key is evident when the active window is changed and you see the yellow lettering of the MT or soundfile title.
    What he said. I'd also add that if you have the SF View open and not overlapping with the MT or other windows, it becomes less of an issue if you happen to "go there" by accident, as it doesn't get in your way. This is how I typically work. That said, I suppose there may be times when you want all MT view and no SF view on your screen, but, to be honest, while it seems like it would be a useful thing at times (say in pure mix tweak mode), I kinda never find myself doing/needing that. Then again, I'm usually doing VO-oriented mixes with only a few tracks. It might be a useful F-key view for mixing lots of tracks.

Also: bear in mind that for the SF view to (T)ransfer the cursor position back to the MT, you need to have not broken the link between the two. The link is created when you (T)ransfer from the MT to the SF view (either with the T key or with a double-click). If you change the marked area in the SF view, for example, the link is broken.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 01-30-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts