Close

Default EDL re-pathing issue

Here's an issue I need to solve. I'm sure the solution is easy but it is eluding me at the moment.

So, I just created a dual boot system with both Windows 7 pro 64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, due to the recent end of support of Win 7. So far so good.

I now have SAWStudio and all my other apps running fine under Win 10.

But, because I now have two boot drive partitions, each containing the two OS's, all my drive letters have moved down one letter. For the most part, no problem. What was "D" is now "E" and so on. However, I have built a number of sound effects EDL's that are on what used to be Drive "E", now "F". I need to be able to access these EDL's again. SAW is looking for them on "E" but not finding the sound files, of course. I tried using the "repath" function in the file menu. I tried simply copying the whole FX folder to what is now drive "E", formerly, "D". I got the one effect that I recently used in a session to show up but nothing else in the FX EDL will come up when I open the FX edl in a Library view or as a session. I know this is just a matter of re-pathing properly. Can you tell me exactly how I solve this, Bob, anyone? I have just gotten to the point of confusion on this.

Thanks!

Default Re: EDL re-pathing issue

When you try to open the edl and it complains, just use the shift key option that is listed on the dialog complaint box... then navigate to the new drive and folder where the files are now... it will automatically repath everything to that drive.

Bob L

Default Re: EDL re-pathing issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    When you try to open the edl and it complains, just use the shift key option that is listed on the dialog complaint box... then navigate to the new drive and folder where the files are now... it will automatically repath everything to that drive.

Bob L

Ok, well, that didn't work, but, luckily I had older versions of the EDL for SAWStudio 32 bit. I opened one and used the session re-path feature and then re-saved as a SawStudio 64 file and, VOILA!!
    Last edited by demodoc; 01-27-2020 at 08:39 PM.