Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: cursor flashes in Win 10

All tweaks in the SAW help file done. No difference in cursor performance though.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Can you take a video or two...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Can you take a video or two...

It's just a little cursor flickering in play...not a big deal but I'd like to stop it. I've seen this kind of thing before.

Blog Entries

Hello,

As a computer consultant, I often say to my clients that attempting to diagnose problems with computers is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

I then look for a "trigger", asking the questions,

1. Did the present configuration ever work and if so when?
    2. What has changed or happen to make it no longer work?

The system you are referring to is the one that is using a dual boot, correct? Which side is working, the WIN7 side or the WIN10 side? Or indeed, neither? If nether, was the IWN 7 side working prior to the upgrade?
    If the install was on the WIN10 side, was the WIN10 a clean install or an upgrade?
    If the WIN110 was an upgrade that could be your problem? And notice that I said "could be".
    * Without being there and actually seeing the issue at hand all that anyone can do is offer to you a best guess.

In all honesty, issues like this are more than like non-RML-related, and therefore, should really be looked at by local personnel. Is there someone in Tehachapi that could have a look at your predicament?

Hello,

As a computer consultant, I often say to my clients that attempting to diagnose problems with computers is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

I then look for a "trigger", asking the questions,

1. Did the present configuration ever work and if so when?
    2. What has changed or happen to make it no longer work?

The system you are referring to is the one that is using a dual boot, correct? Which side is working, the WIN7 side or the WIN10 side? Or indeed, neither? If nether, was the IWN 7 side working prior to the upgrade?
    If the install was on the WIN10 side, was the WIN10 a clean install or an upgrade?
    If the WIN110 was an upgrade that could be your problem? And notice that I said "could be".
    * Without being there and actually seeing the issue at hand all that anyone can do is offer to you a best guess.

In all honesty, issues like this are more than like non-RML-related, and therefore, should really be looked at by local personnel. Is there someone in Tehachapi that could have a look at your predicament?

It's on Win 10 only, 7 is fine.

Clean install by my tech guy. Flashed a bit from the beginning, really pretty minor, I can live with it if I have to since everything else works great.

Interesting. When I saw this thread I remembered that the cursor flashed when I moved to Windows 10, "but does it still?" I thought to myself. I opened SAW and checked it. Yes, it does. But I haven't even noticed it for a long, long time.

I do notice that it only flashes when dragging to the right. Dragging it to the left seems fine. What's up with that? Maybe a clue for a fix?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

demodoc,

... In all honesty, tweaking a system for games is really NOT the same as tweaking a system for digital audio usage and I also sincerely believe that it is imperative that we do indeed make a distinction between the two types of systems.

Rather than the above, have a look at Martin's most excellent videos ... and which are actually geared toward RML Software applications.

See here: Optimize Windows 10 for LIVE SOUND
    Bear in mind, Dell, that this thread is about a graphics-specific issue, which seems to me to have some potential overlap with gaming.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Nothing has worked, guess I'll just get used to it. Otherwise all works well.