Close

Default SAC Control Surface Options

Our church has some whiners not liking to mix with a mouse. What control surfaces have folks had success with. Pros and Cons. Thanks.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Default Re: SAC Control Surface Options

Been playing with a Behringer xtouch extender. Pretty easy to setup. I have it connected via a Microsoft surface touch pad computer.

Faders, mutes, channel strips all work.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Running a X-Touch full and a X-Touch Extender in different configurations (single or both) via rtpMidi. Works fine, except for the VU Meters on the x-touches.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

4. Default Re: SAC Control Surface Options

I'm using an Icon Platform X+ controller.
    Pros: Price, seems to be well built, you can configure buttons to send any CC so you can use an "X+ extender" and remap some of the buttons to be used as channel/bank up/down.
    Cons: No display that shows channel names (you can buy a display but I don't know what info it will show as I don't have one).
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

I'm still using the old CM Labs Motomixes. You can pick them up on EBAY at decent prices. They run from a MIDI connection. And it will take an IC change on the inside if you plan to run two or three in series (16 or 24 faders at the same time). They re built like a tank.

Hi TomyN, Bob or anyone - does the standard MidiCtrl_Behringer_BCF2000_16-Ch.mct that comes with SAC work with the Behringer X-Touch Compact Universal USB Controller?

Thanks
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Hi,
    I'm using the x-touch and the x-touch extender only because of the scribble strip.
    The both offer a MCU setting, which works fine with the Mackie_Mcu_ midi files.

So I'd suggest that you use the MCU mode of the x-touch compact. The BCF2000 might work also, but I assue that it would requiere some programming of the unit.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

I'm using 2 BCF2000 and a BCR2000 for the channel strip.
    Old but works great.

Hap

3x BCF2000 for over 5 years.