Close

Default Plugins: why "demo" verson suddenly appearing?

When I set up SAW Studio Lite, it automatically grabbed the effects packages it found on my computer. Evidently, the Sony/Sound Forge plug-ins it grabbed were older trial versions, not the ones that are working fine in Sound Forge. How can I get rid of the "Demo" versions (which insert tones into my mix, to remind me they're demos) and replace with the licensed versions?

Anybody able to help?

Thanks,

Rod
    Last edited by Rod Pullman; 02-10-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Default Re: Plugins: why "demo" verson suddenly appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Pullman View Post
    When I set up SAW Studio Lite, it automatically grabbed the effects packages it found on my computer. Evidently, the Sony/Sound Forge plug-ins it grabbed were older trial versions, not the ones that are working fine in Sound Forge. How can I get rid of the "Demo" versions (which insert tones into my mix, to remind me they're demos) and replace with the licensed versions?

Anybody able to help?

Thanks,

Rod
    Have you tried DXMan?

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...n/Freeware.htm

I just went on a ten-minute odyssey discovering where my "Sony" software products are supported these days. Looks like a couple years back Magix bought Sound Forge and ACID and Vegas and the like. Apparently (unless I don't remember registering with Magix in the last couple years), my account remains intact, carried forward from the old days with Sonic Foundry and Sony. Actually, I seem to have two. One with an email address for logging in that I haven't had in, like, 20 years! Anyway, I have an account listing all the products I've owned over the years right up through Sound Forge 10, which is where I stopped. I gotta think that if I had "DEMO mode" issues with my Sony plugins, their tech support could help me get things back in order.

I'd say contact them for tech support. https://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/pro-audio-support/
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I'd say contact them for tech support. https://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/pro-audio-support/
    [/QUOTE]

I'm afraid my experiences with MAGIX' tech support have been less than ideal. I uninstalled and reinstalled Sound Forge, per their online troubleshooting but then ran into an endless loop trying to register with my serial number. It wouldn't accept my credentials and required "elevated privileges" which were unavailable. Frustrating!

However, I finally found the fix on the MAGIX website after much digging. It involved going into the registry and deleting a folder. I printed out the instructions, since this seems to happen from time to time in connections with Windows 10 updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Pullman View Post
    I'm afraid my experiences with MAGIX' tech support have been less than ideal. I uninstalled and reinstalled Sound Forge, per their online troubleshooting but then ran into an endless loop trying to register with my serial number. It wouldn't accept my credentials and required "elevated privileges" which were unavailable. Frustrating!

However, I finally found the fix on the MAGIX website after much digging. It involved going into the registry and deleting a folder. I printed out the instructions, since this seems to happen from time to time in connections with Windows 10 updates.[/QUOTE]

It was a nightmare for me. There was, at one time, a patch to convert to new lic. but, like you, I think that gets all messed up in Windows updates. It's all history - I've moved on to Waves... and what's left of Sony I do use occassionally.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com