Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can several multitrack regions be selected as a group and moved in one operation?

When I am working with a voice track in the Multitrack window, I often use the "K" command to split the file and trim pauses, etc. So, a 30- or 60-second voice track may get chopped into 8-10 segments on that track.

When I want to move these individual segments down to a different track, I have to grab them one segment at a time, using Ctrl + left mouse button to drag down to an empty track, requiring 8-10 separate operations to accomplish. It'd save time to be able to move the whole group of segments all at once but I can't find a way to do so.

Is there a keystroke combo that will let me grab all segments at once and drag them down as a group? Thanks very much!

Default Re: Can several multitrack regions be selected as a group and moved in one operation?

hit s. You can click and drag... areas. Read about select mode in the manual. I don't know all the things you can do with it. Also my drag technique might be flawed as I sometimes have an unselected region which you can add with a click, so I usually use the + & - to zoom in and out to make sure I got everything I want before doing a shift or ctrl drag.

Default Re: Can several multitrack regions be selected as a group and moved in one operation?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    hit s. You can click and drag... areas. Read about select mode in the manual. I don't know all the things you can do with it. Also my drag technique might be flawed as I sometimes have an unselected region which you can add with a click, so I usually use the + & - to zoom in and out to make sure I got everything I want before doing a shift or ctrl drag.
    Thank you very much!! I'm still learning the controls. Hitting the "Select" button at the top did the trick. Very much appreciated.

In Select mode you can select one region, then hit End and all regions to the right on that track are selected too. Hitting Home will select all regions to the left on the track. Ctrl+End will select all regions to the right on the track and on all tracks below. This is very handy in making sure you don't miss selecting any tiny regions that might otherwise be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by andy cross View Post
    In Select mode you can select one region, then hit End and all regions to the right on that track are selected too. Hitting Home will select all regions to the left on the track. Ctrl+End will select all regions to the right on the track and on all tracks below. This is very handy in making sure you don't miss selecting any tiny regions that might otherwise be overlooked.
    Thanks Andy, I wasn't aware of those key strokes. My SS rig is in winter mode--which means I'm not going to start it now as I have to light a fire to stand working in that room.
    I assume Ctrl-Home while on track one selects all regions under and to the left of the cursor?

Enter select mode. Click the first region in the group you want. Then ctrl-click all the rest one at a time. You can even toggle a selected region again and again by ctrl-clicking it, again and again, without impacting the other selections.

UPDATE: Yeah, this is just wrong. This is a windows convention.

Ian has it right for SAW: enter select mode, then click on any regions to select them; shift-right-click on any of them to deselect them, individually. Ctrl-right-click anywhere in the MT to de-select them all.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-17-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Goto 5:30 in this video to learn more about Select Mode. There is more in Part 3 you can find it here

Last edited by Microstudio; 02-17-2020 at 08:58 PM.