Close

Default SAC with 2 RME HDSP9652 issue

Hope you all are healthy!

Maybe someone with 2 RME HDSP9652 cards can help I hope.
    SYNC set to internal on the first card.
    I have all input and output channels working perfect on both cards.
    Except the second cards SPDIF I/O does not work, no sync, nothing.
    First cards SPDIF works great!
    There are no routing cables or jumpers set for SPDIF to route to ADAT-1.
    I have been through the manual but it does not go into much detail on the subject.
    Card 1 SPDIF used on my ALESIS Masterlink works fine but if I move it to Card 2 it does not communicate.
    Has anyone had a similar issue they got resolved?

Thanks guys!
    Warren
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Default Re: SAC with 2 RME HDSP9652 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Hope you all are healthy!

Maybe someone with 2 RME HDSP9652 cards can help I hope.
    SYNC set to internal on the first card.
    I have all input and output channels working perfect on both cards.
    Except the second cards SPDIF I/O does not work, no sync, nothing.
    First cards SPDIF works great!
    There are no routing cables or jumpers set for SPDIF to route to ADAT-1.
    I have been through the manual but it does not go into much detail on the subject.
    Card 1 SPDIF used on my ALESIS Masterlink works fine but if I move it to Card 2 it does not communicate.
    Has anyone had a similar issue they got resolved?

Thanks guys!
    Warren
    You should have the Card 1 internal SPDIF connector connected to the Card 2 internal sync connector to sync the two cards together. In a dual card configuration where the cards are synced internally, you still only get 1 set of SPDIF connections (1-input and 1-output across the two cards)

Edit: Actually you may be able to get 2 outputs, as I believe the output may be paralleled to the external connector, but you definitely will only get a single input.

from the manual: Connection to SYNC OUT of another card. This internal SPDIF connection can be used to synchronize multiple cards with sample accuracy, and without the need for an external connection. The card of which SYNC OUT is used will be master, the SYNC IN one will be slave. SPDIF In / Internal has to be selected in the Settings dialog. Additionally Pref. Sync Ref has to be set to SPDIF In for this internal connection to work properly. Please note that the external SPDIF or AES input can no longer be used.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 03-25-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Default Re: SAC with 2 RME HDSP9652 issue

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    You should have the Card 1 internal SPDIF connector connected to the Card 2 internal sync connector to sync the two cards together. In a dual card configuration where the cards are synced internally, you still only get 1 set of SPDIF connections (1-input and 1-output across the two cards)

Edit: Actually you may be able to get 2 outputs, as I believe the output may be paralleled to the external connector, but you definitely will only get a single input.

from the manual: Connection to SYNC OUT of another card. This internal SPDIF connection can be used to synchronize multiple cards with sample accuracy, and without the need for an external connection. The card of which SYNC OUT is used will be master, the SYNC IN one will be slave. SPDIF In / Internal has to be selected in the Settings dialog. Additionally Pref. Sync Ref has to be set to SPDIF In for this internal connection to work properly. Please note that the external SPDIF or AES input can no longer be used.
    Thanks
    I guess I thought I could get the second cards SPDIF if I used Word Clock out of Card 1(Master) into Card 2 (Slave) then onto other slaves in the system.
    With card 1 set to internal and card 2 set to word clock and not using a jumper between the two.
    Its not a total workflow killer but it would have been a nice extra resource.

Many thanks to you sir, have a great week!
    Warren
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks