Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MWS tutorials

Default MWS tutorials

I am trying to drag/copy note data from one track to another in MWS. I follow the instructions in the help file and it doesn't work. I am hoping that there is a tutorial that can get me through this (for the 32 bit version please). I tried searching for videos, but failed to find them.
    Suggestions?
    TIA
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Default Re: MWS tutorials

hello, in MWS, choose select option..select the notes you want, click Ctrl, left click on one of the selected notes, drag to the track below while holding left click then right click.
    Last edited by ivanoff; 03-29-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    hello, in MWS, choose select option..select the notes you want, click Ctrl, left click on one of the selected notes, drag to the track below while holding left click then right click.
    Yes, I did exactly that, several times, tried in both normal and select modes, does not work.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Cary,

Have a peep:

Method 1: Single notes
    I have a C Major MIDI file inserted in Track 2
    I want to drag the first C note to Track 1
    I [Zoom] in on Track 2
    Hold down [Ctrl]
    I select the first C note
    Drag that selected C note to Track 1s
    Release the mouse button

Method 2: Multiple notes
    I have a C Major MIDI file inserted in Track 2
    I want to drag the first C and D notes to Track 1
    I [Zoom] in on Track 2
    Select [Select] in the MSW MultiTrack
    I select the first two notes
    Hold down [Ctrl]
    Drag that selected notes to Track 1
    Release the mouse button

Note: I believe that the"key" here is to remember to toggle the [Select] key [Off] before selecting the note(s), then turn [Select] [On] prior to select the note(s).

When I ctrl-drag a note to the next track, the note is deleted. It does not go onto the new track at all.

And what I need to do is copy the note to the new track, not merely move it.

What am I missing here?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Cary,

When I ctrl-drag a note to the next track, the note is deleted. It does not go onto the new track at all.
    ... It just may be that the note is not deleted at all...may be just not in view...try using the [Zm Up/Dn Zone] options.

And what I need to do is copy the note to the new track, not merely move it.
    ... from the Manual, page 40, "While sliding the note to its new position, if you also [Right-Click] before you release the mouse, the note will be copied to the new position, leaving the original note intact."

On a ctrl-drag, a selected note will not drag to another track. Neither will it drag to an invisible part of the original track. I verified this by scrolling the view.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

A simple way to copy track data is to mark the track begin and end including the notes you want to copy... press ctrl-c... then click on the new track destination and press ctrl-v or shift-insert.

Bob L

I did a shutdown and reboot, and now it works. Go figure.

Thanks for the help.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I am trying to drag/copy note data from one track to another in MWS. I follow the instructions in the help file and it doesn't work. I am hoping that there is a tutorial that can get me through this (for the 32 bit version please). I tried searching for videos, but failed to find them.
    Suggestions?
    TIA
    Here you go the best tutorials on the internet to help you get going in MWS fast.