Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New toy and new problem

And now here I am, three and a half years later, having found this thread through a google search for the phrase, "Plugin Settings Data Is Oversize... Some Or All Settings may Be Lost!"

I got the same problem as Cary using MWS, this time with SampleTank 4 and a single track in MWS. Any MWS editing I try to do freezes everything for several seconds, then brings up the warning. I clear the warning, and I'm good again. Till I try something else in MWS. Lots of stop and go. Mostlly stop. Also, the mouse pointer keeps getting caught inside the MWS window and gets all weird, inadvertently scrolling me minutes and hours down the time line. Can't get much done.

Anyone have a clue about this kind of thing? This warning is so rare, I think. Only the single google hit.

UPDATE: I replaced SampleTank with a simple (and OLD) VSTi (SONiVox SoundStage--JBridged from 32- to 64-bit), and it's working fine. I wonder what the deal is with SampleTank.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 12-14-2023 at 01:37 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

A few "things"...

Thing 1: When I first began using RML Labs software, I realized at the outset that certain sacrifices had to to be made.
    * Thus the quote, "Life is made up of small comings and goings. And for everything we take with us, there is something that we leave behind." [...from Summer of '42]
    * What I am referring to here is that whatever software that I am considering to employ/deploy with RML Labs software has to be thoroughly tested - with the expectation that that such software is simply, not going to work!

Thing 2: Weighing the costs!
    * Is the inability to employ/deploy certain auxiliary software more important than the use of RML Labs software? In my particular situation, the clear answer to that question is "No!"
    * This fact is clearly born-out of my inability to no longer employ/deploy Valhalla software! And what I have discovered over the years is that there are many such auxiliary softwares out there today.
    * This anomaly was also evidenced in the transition from 32-bit to 64-bit - knowing that many of the auxiliary softwares that I had been previously working with could no longer be employed/deployed as a result! "Bummer...man!"

Thing 3: "Frameworks"
    Many...many, of the software developers today are opting to employ/deploy - what I refer to as "framework" environments - though the use of this term is most definitely stretching things just a bit!!
    * One such framework is ".NET" [DOT NET]...another is JUCE. And there are many others!
    * Thus my need now to contact the "developer" asking the question, "Do you use JUCE?" If the response is affirmative, then I can longer use such software with RML Labs. If the answer is "No!...then I am "Good to go!"
    * So, I contacted IK Multimedia and "Yes! They do employ/deploy JUCE in their development projects....and in particular with Amplitube 5...which is the reaosn why I was getting "lockups" all over the place.

Overloud's TH-U
    For approximately 5 years I had been employing/deploying Overloud's TH-U until I discovered that with version 4.16 and forward, that I was observing major issues with TH-U. This led me to ask the question with regards to what had changed from v4.15 to v4.16? And the response, "JUCE"! As with Valhalla, I discovered - much to my chagrin, that I could no longer use such software with RML Labs! "Double bummer...man!"

I then contacted both Mike Scuffham and FabFilter and discovered that neither employ/deploy JUCE in any of their development projects! Great news!!

SampleTank 4
    I had tested SampleTank 4 for a bit and found such to be, in short, "Flaky"...so I opted to employ/deploy NI's Kontakt. I have never, ever regretted that decision.

In closing...my apologies Dave, for "over-winded-ness"...but I sincerely hope that this information will be of some practicable use to you?

Disclaimer
    "The information being provided here is for the sole benefit of the reader with such content being the sole responsibility of the provider. Also, such content - being "highly personal" in nature, may or may not be in whole or in part, specifically applicable to the reader. Any issues with the actual content as provided by the Poster should be taken up with the Poster directly [via PM]. Any issues with the content as provided by the Developer should be taken up with the developer directly."
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-14-2023 at 09:33 AM.

Yeah, I'm all for dumping stuff that doesn't work in my effort to prioritize what's important to me; I just wondered if maybe there was a way to fix the issue. Sometimes there is. Sometimes, not so much.

FWIW, the only reason I went back to SampleTank following our phone discussion (wherein you extolled the virtues of Kontakt) was because the free samples that come with Kontakt are a bit esoteric for my meat-and-potato needs. Whereas SampleTank had a free multi-part horn section that was perfect for what I'm working on. Alas...

I'm now resorting to a way-old free plugin that has individual horns; one instance for each horn--I'm getting there.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts