Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VST 3 support

Default Re: VST 3 support

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    demodoc,
    ... Maybe this is reason why you have received the response that you did? Without getting into too much detail, may I ask why you used the term "we" in your initial communique?

For myself, it was apparent that you had some concerns with regards to VST3 support...assumed by the title of the posting.

As a SAW user...I am not at all concerned about the lack of VST3 support, and as far as I am concerned, VST3 support will never be an issue for me.

demodoc, and I am hoping that you are really listening to me here, to be included in your dialogue when I should not have been, is what concerned me about your posting.

What you should have said was, "...I am just concerned that I, as a SAW user, may eventually be left out in the cold in this regard."
    * Notice that I have also added the term "may" - the use of "will" simply infers pessimism...but this my own personal opinion on the matter.

My intent was never to offend you demodoc..but at the same to let you know that I WAS offended. I love SAW...and SAC for that matter, as they are, and I have absolutely no concerns at all about the future of the software and its usage.

PS: I have sent you a PM!
    Would you kindly drop it already?
    This has been beaten into the ground long enough.

absolutely

Blog Entries

Hello,

Gladly...I was doing a follow-up as I sent a PM with no response...that is it!! There will be no more dialogue from me on this end!

In fairness to the OP, what he said was "I am just concerned that we SAW users will, eventually, be left out in the cold in this regard."

He was expressing his concern for everyone. He wasn't saying everyone was concerned. There is a difference. He wasn't speaking for you. He was speaking for himself. He said "I am... concerned," not "We are concerned..."

He has a right to his well-intended concern, even if it may not be necessary in all cases. Bottom line is that he wasn' t misrepresenting anyone. He was representing himself***8212; in this case his own personal concern for himself and others. That's why I thought your reaction was off-base, Dell. He had everyone's best interest at heart, and you sort of tore him a new one. Maybe consider others' intent more in the future?

Sidebar: as a relative newcomer to the SAW universe, you may consider exhibiting some deference to those who have a decade or two on you. There's a lot of history that you weren't around for; you missed most of the arc of the SAW story. Much of that history informs the mindsets of many of us, which I suppose you're at a disadvantage to appreciate. So I'm cutting you some "newbie slack," believe it or not.

My $.02.

Dead-Horse Dave
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 05-17-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    You would think there would be more ways to do this. I am just concerned that we SAW users will, eventually, be left out in the cold in this regard.

Does X 42 basically work for this purpose? If not, what are the problems?
    Don't know about X 42 but Blue Cat Patch Work runs VST 3 plugins just fine in SawStudio including the Waves plugins in shells.

Smile Re: VST 3 support

Something funny crossed my mind today. I've spent the past three weeks building a new Windows 10 64 Bit machine to run all the latest and greatest crap.
    Well along the way I found out that half my favorite software didn't have up grade paths. IK Media for instance recently dropped dozens and dozens of software products that they now call "Legacy End OF Life" products. Freakin great most of my plugins that I paid thousands of dollars for I can't get authorized to run on my new machine even though I installed them and they work fine but they are in demo mode. Some of the products on that list are only 2 years old. The same thing happened with my old versions of Sound Forge, Acid and CD Architect.
    But you know what? All my versions of SAW as far back as the 90s still work and I can still use them as I did 25 years ago.
    Every product reaches an end of life but that doesn't mean it should stop working. It just means there will be no more upgrades.
    I personally feel blessed to have found Saw back in 1994. I appreciate the time Bob has put into his products. For the most part he did it all by himself and I still find SAW to be amazing.
    Bob like many of us here has gotten older and fighting the battle with Microsoft's ever moving target called Windows has to be draining and sometime depressing.
    SAWStudio 32 bit and 64 bit are both working great on my new machine as long as Windows 10 with all it's upgrades and processes running in the background would just stay out of the way.
    I only wish I could say the same thing about 3/4 of the rest of my software. Saw was up and running in a few minutes while the rest of my crap has taken days to get installed, running and authorized if I could even get that to happen at all.
    Bob's a rarity in this business - someone I greatly respect for the support he's offered up for us. He deserves a whole lot more respect than he's received from this industry.
    If he never gave us another upgrade I still will be able to make music and money with SAWStudio most likely until I decide to retire which I hope is a long way down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    Something funny crossed my mind today. I've spent the past three weeks building a new Windows 10 64 Bit machine to run all the latest and greatest crap.
    Well along the way I found out that half my favorite software didn't have up grade paths. IK Media for instance recently dropped dozens and dozens of software products that they now call "Legacy End OF Life" products. Freakin great most of my plugins that I paid thousands of dollars for I can't get authorized to run on my new machine even though I installed them and they work fine but they are in demo mode. Some of the products on that list are only 2 years old. The same thing happened with my old versions of Sound Forge, Acid and CD Architect.
    But you know what? All my versions of SAW as far back as the 90s still work and I can still use them as I did 25 years ago.
    Every product reaches an end of life but that doesn't mean it should stop working. It just means there will be no more upgrades.
    I personally feel blessed to have found Saw back in 1994. I appreciate the time Bob has put into his products. For the most part he did it all by himself and I still find SAW to be amazing.
    Bob like many of us here has gotten older and fighting the battle with Microsoft's ever moving target called Windows has to be draining and sometime depressing.
    SAWStudio 32 bit and 64 bit are both working great on my new machine as long as Windows 10 with all it's upgrades and processes running in the background would just stay out of the way.
    I only wish I could say the same thing about 3/4 of the rest of my software. Saw was up and running in a few minutes while the rest of my crap has taken days to get installed, running and authorized if I could even get that to happen at all.
    Bob's a rarity in this business - someone I greatly respect for the support he's offered up for us. He deserves a whole lot more respect than he's received from this industry.
    If he never gave us another upgrade I still will be able to make music and money with SAWStudio most likely until I decide to retire which I hope is a long way down the road...
    Hear, hear.

Good to hear from you, Tim.

The Sonic Foundry--sorry--Sony--sorry--Magix stuff should still work. I installed Sound Forge 10 on a laptop a couple weeks ago by downloading it from their site and have had no issues. Go to your account on the Magix site. All your programs should be there with serial numbers, ready for download.

https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 06-20-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Well said, Tim.

Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Well said, Tim.
    By the way folks I have a correction. It wasn't IK Media that discontinued software it was Native Instruments.
    Sorry for the error but my point remains the same.

I tripple that emotion (after Dave and Angi)
    Well said, Tim. I remember swimming in Bob's swimming pool late one night back in 2001 (after a SawStudio promotional gathering - what a blast!) when the exact same thing was being discussed. The vision back then was the same... Bob created software so great and foundational (far ahead of its time) that it would still be fundamentally (and phenomenally) useful for decades. Thanks, Bob... it's still a 'great ride'!
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com