Close

Default Mystery pinging sound on studio reverb

Hi,

I've been using the saw reverb for years and never had an issue. lately, when i put reverb on a channel i get a rythmic after pinging echo going on the track, like a mouth harp sound. so strange. i had the issue on my windows 7 machine, then on my windows 10 machine. not sure it has anything to do with windows.

sometimes the reverb works. like is there some corrupt something in my files?

here is a prime example from last night. i put reverb on one sax track. then put the same reverb on another sax track and got the pinging. the reverb worked on one track but not another. why is it doing that? so strange. here is a brief video i made of it. you can hear the pinging. excuse my voice, too much chocolate last night!

i'm working on a quarantine song so need to get it done asap. though i may let the final mix engineer add the reverbs.

https://youtu.be/qLTj19u8-4s

thanks,

Paul

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mystery pinging sound on studio reverb

Paul,

Very interesting indeed!

As I always seem to suggest, can you install a demo of SAW along with StudioReveb, insert a sample wave file and see what transpires?

If you are getting the same end result, then you have system issues...if not, then this is an application issue.
    * Remember, the demo versions will install to a completely different folder...so you existing folder structure is left intact.

Also... make sure you are using the latest version of the reverb... check the RML website for the latest product version numbers.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Hi,

I've been using the saw reverb for years and never had an issue. lately, when i put reverb on a channel i get a rythmic after pinging echo going on the track, like a mouth harp sound. so strange. i had the issue on my windows 7 machine, then on my windows 10 machine. not sure it has anything to do with windows.

sometimes the reverb works. like is there some corrupt something in my files?

here is a prime example from last night. i put reverb on one sax track. then put the same reverb on another sax track and got the pinging. the reverb worked on one track but not another. why is it doing that? so strange. here is a brief video i made of it. you can hear the pinging. excuse my voice, too much chocolate last night!

i'm working on a quarantine song so need to get it done asap. though i may let the final mix engineer add the reverbs.

https://youtu.be/qLTj19u8-4s

thanks,

Paul
    Very strange, indeed. Two things:

At the end of the video we're hearing the pinging without reverb, right (track solo'd)? Doesn't that mean it's not related to the reverb?

Shot in the dark: double-click on the pinging region to open it in the SF view window. Then Hit the R key. Then hit ctrl-U and ENTER. Any better? (I think I've heard repeated audio data like that when SAW thinks the sound file/region is longer than it is.)

Also: curious as to why you're doing dedicated reverb on each channel, rather than putting one on an aux fed by both.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts