Close

Default Anyone using a Focusrite 18i20 with SAC

Is anyone using a Focusrite 18i20 with SAC or SAWStudio? I bought one of these and can't get it to work without glitching. Wasted 8 -10
    hours with different configurations and still no go. SAWStudio works OK but SAC is just nonstop dropped buffers. If anyone has a clue I
    would appreciate some help. This is the latest 3rd generation unit. I tried 64 / 128 / 256 and none work. I had a Behringer UMC1820 that
    worked flawlessly but thought this one would do the same thing since they are very similar. If I can't get it going I'll go back to the Behringer.
    S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-Video Electronics

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone using a Focusrite 18i20 with SAC

Steve,
    Is anyone using a Focusrite 18i20 with SAC or SAWStudio?
    ... Steve, I did rent one for a time...during my testing out phase...and I remember having lots of issues with that particular device.

I too obtained the UMC series and have never looked back.

I hope this helps?

With further testing it works fine in SAC64. A little flaky but 0 buffers dropped at 2x64. SAC32 is another story. Stripped and generic
    setup still no go. I have 2 UMC1820's coming so I'll go back to one of them. The Focusrite will be sold off.
    S. Lewis
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

I have a UMC 1820 that I bought to put together a light weight (physically) system. I was able to get it down to 1 X 64 with only an occasional dropped buffer. I wanted a few more channels because 16 is marginal for a show band that I sometimes work. I bought a MOTU 8-PRE es so that I could go to 24 ch. in the same form factor. This unit has been a treat. It will run at 1 X 32 over USB.

Got rid of the Focusrite. Good riddance, a lot of wasted time. Got another UMC1820. Set up and running in 3 minutes. Ran for 4 hours at 2X64 and no dropped buffers.
    S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-Video Electronics