Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Melodyne 5 Update

Has anyone purchased the Melodyne 5 update? They have dropped support for 32 bit DAWs and VST2. Time to consider
    upgrading SAW Studio and SAC to 64 bit.

Technical changes with Melodyne 5

Please note that due to Melodyne 5’s modernized software infrastructure, support for certain old standards has been discontinued. Those affected are:
    VST 2 discontinued (VST 3 is still supported, as is AU)
    RTAS discontinued (AAX is still supported)
    Rewire discontinued
    32-Bit-support discontinued (operating system and DAW must provide 64-bit support)
    System requirements
    for Melodyne 5 essential, assistant, editor and studio
    macOS: Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), macOS 10.12 or higher
    Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows 10 or higher, ASIO-compatible audio hardware
    Activation: computer-based or iLok USB dongle (second or third generation). Melodyne essential computer-based only. For the initial activation, Internet access is required.
    Interfaces: Plug-in operation via VST3, AU or AAX. ARA integration with compatible DAWs

Default Re: Melodyne 5 Update

Unfortunately Saw64 does not support vst3. I have upgraded to Melodyne 5 and use it in Ableton but I'm afraid it's standalone if I need to use it when in Saw.

Try Blue Cat Patchwork plugin... it plugs into SAWStudio64 and then it accepts VST 2 and 3 and other plugin formats in a patchbay style interface... seems to work fine on my testing with various VST 3 64 bit plugins... I do not have Melodyne 5 to test.

Download the demo and see if it works... then... it is only $100 to purchase.

Bob L

Hi, Tried, as suggested, but when I open Melodyne in Patchwork, Saw crashes.

You didn't mention it but is it correct to assume you are using Windows 10 64 and SAW 64? I'm using Windows 64 and have the demo of Patchwork but I don't yet have SAW 64. I would really like this to work with SAW.

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    You didn't mention it but is it correct to assume you are using Windows 10 64 and SAW 64? I'm using Windows 64 and have the demo of Patchwork but I don't yet have SAW 64. I would really like this to work with SAW.

I have been trying out various vst wrappers and eventually found one that allows Melodyne 5 to open and transfer audio without crashing. I don't have the time just now to play with it, but it seems to work. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out https://kushview.net/element/

Had a bit more spare time to muck around with this and can confirm that Izotope Neutron vst3 loads up fine in this wrapper with mix assistant working in Saw.

Thanks for the update. I checked out some Kushview Element videos on Youtube and it looks promising. I need to upgrade to the 64 bit versions.

Nice. Thanks!
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com