Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Melodyne 5 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Reujonik View Post
    I have been trying out various vst wrappers and eventually found one that allows Melodyne 5 to open and transfer audio without crashing. I don't have the time just now to play with it, but it seems to work. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out https://kushview.net/element/
    Thanks, I'll check it out

Cheers
    Bruce

Just an update. I have found Kushview quite trying as it involves too much muckin about and doesn't work as well as I initially thought it would. Plogue Bidule though is very promising. I have Melodyne 5 loaded in it, synced to the track, transferring audio and editing, so far without any problems. It also accommodates Izotope Neutron 3 ( but only the vst2 plugin ) with the track assistant working perfectly well. It appears that Melodyne vst3 works ok but Neutron vst3 crashes and Neutron vst2 works ok. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Reujonik View Post
    Just an update. I have found Kushview quite trying as it involves too much muckin about and doesn't work as well as I initially thought it would. Plogue Bidule though is very promising. I have Melodyne 5 loaded in it, synced to the track, transferring audio and editing, so far without any problems. It also accommodates Izotope Neutron 3 ( but only the vst2 plugin ) with the track assistant working perfectly well. It appears that Melodyne vst3 works ok but Neutron vst3 crashes and Neutron vst2 works ok. I'll keep you posted.
    FWIW I've noticed reports of DDMF's metaplugin wrapper working well in another DAW.

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-v...s-aax-wrapper/

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    FWIW I've noticed reports of DDMF's metaplugin wrapper working well in another DAW.

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-v...s-aax-wrapper/
    Hi, I tried metaplugin. It will load up the Melodyne and Neutron plugins , but couldn't get the sound to transfer to Melodyne and the assistant wouldn't work in Neutron.

I haven't tried Melodyne 5 yet but I'd like to report that Waves VST 3 plugins are working in SAWStudio 64 using Blue Cat Patch Work plugin. The one thing that will throw you off is the plugin needs to either have internet access to the cloud or the activation code needs to be stored on a USB stick and left plugged in to your machine otherwise Saw will crash and other programs like Sound Forge will hang up and tell you the plugin doesn't have a license. Something similar might be happening with Melodyne 5.

Resurrecting a three-year old thread.

I took advantage of the Melodyne end-of-year upgrade deal (still going on today, 1/1, if anyone's interested). I'm happy to report that, using Metaplugin as the intermediary, I can load the Melodyne VST3 plugin in SAWStudio64. It's been a long time since I used Melodyne in SAW (ver. 2, I think), but it seemed to work pretty well, IIRC. Today I tried transferring audio from a track into Melodyne 5 (via Metaplugin), and the blobs aren't appearing.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 01-02-2024 at 11:10 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Using BlueCat Patchwork and I have the same problem... vst3 loads... but I can't get the blobs to show up... Not sure if its a Melodyne issue or the wrapper or me... I have to use it standalone for now. Interesting to note that the same issue is happening on two different wrappers.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Resurrecting a three-year old thread.

I took advantage of the Melodyne end-or-year upgrade deal (still going on today, 1/1, if anyone's interested). I'm happy to report that, using Metaplugin as the intermediary, I can load the Melodyne VST3 plugin in SAWStudio64. It's been a long time since I used Melodyne in SAW (ver. 2, I think), but it seemed to work pretty well, IIRC. Today I tried transferring audio from a track into Melodyne 5 (via Metaplugin), and the blobs aren't appearing.

Thoughts?
    Well, I just purchased Metaplugin today...and so far I love it for my VST3 plugins in SAW.....I was about to try Melodyne, but you beat me to it.
    I also have Auto Tune Pro and Re-Pitch. Wonder if those will work....
    Will them a try tomorrow...
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Interesting, Bob. Weird, right? Especially since A) Melodyne has worked in SAW in the past, and B) other VST3s work fine via both wrappers in SAW.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by richswit View Post
    Well, I just purchased Metaplugin today...and so far I love it for my VST3 plugins in SAW.....I was about to try Melodyne, but you beat me to it.
    I also have Auto Tune Pro and Re-Pitch. Wonder if those will work....
    Will them a try tomorrow...
    Let us know how you do.
    Becket, Massachusetts