Close

Default ToneBoosters Plugs Crashing SAWStudio

A couple of the metering plugins from ToneBoosters now Crash SAWStudio when I try to clear them out of in input channel patch point. (TB_EBULoudness V3, and TB_Barricade)

Problem is that for this EDL, SAWStudio crashes every time I try to remove the plugin or clear that channel 's patches. I tried removing all automation, and also removing all regions on that track.

Has anyone had this happen to them? How do you get rid of a patched plugin before it crashes SAWStudio?

(I'm not looking forward to rebuilding the EDL)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: ToneBoosters Plugs Crashing SAWStudio

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    A couple of the metering plugins from ToneBoosters now Crash SAWStudio when I try to clear them out of in input channel patch point. (TB_EBULoudness V3, and TB_Barricade)

Problem is that for this EDL, SAWStudio crashes every time I try to remove the plugin or clear that channel 's patches. I tried removing all automation, and also removing all regions on that track.

Has anyone had this happen to them? How do you get rid of a patched plugin before it crashes SAWStudio?

(I'm not looking forward to rebuilding the EDL)
    I thought that moving the suspect Plugins from the VST directory to another location so the EDL can't locate them is the workaround, then you can load the EDL and remove the reference to the offending VST's

Hope that works!
    Cheers...
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    I thought that moving the suspect Plugins from the VST directory to another location so the EDL can't locate them is the workaround, then you can load the EDL and remove the reference to the offending VST's

Hope that works!
    Cheers...
    Works! Thanks Robert!
    Great plugins - way ahead of his time (back about 15 years ago) - but Not worth the crashes now.
    They use to work... but had lots of changes since then...(Computers, Windows 10, Diff Graphics Card, SS changes, etc)
    Thanks again for the tip.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 06-07-2020 at 12:24 AM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Works! Thanks Robert!
    Great plugins - way ahead of his time (back about 15 years ago) - but Not worth the crashes now.
    They use to work... but had lots of changes since then...(Computers, Windows 10, Diff Graphics Card, SS changes, etc)
    Thanks again for the tip.
    Hi,
    I'm glad you got sorted out . Just thought I'd mention that I regularly use Tonebooster plugins and have never had a problem with them. Have you upgraded them recently, there's quite a long plugin installer changelog.