Close

Default Record Template File auto open

Am I crazy or is there a way to save a Record Template File such that it's activated when you open a Preferences file? Or will a given Record Template File only open with default Preferences? And how is that done? I can't even remember how to do that.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: Record Template File auto open

Create your record settings and then close the record meters by using Ctrl-Left-Click on the close button in the top right corner of the meter window. Now the template has been created in memory... go to the File Menu and use the Save Record Template option.

You can also save a session after creating your record settings and that template will stay with the session... without the need to create and name a separate record template file.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Create your record settings and then close the record meters by using Ctrl-Left-Click on the close button in the top right corner of the meter window. Now the template has been created in memory... go to the File Menu and use the Save Record Template option.

You can also save a session after creating your record settings and that template will stay with the session... without the need to create and name a separate record template file.

Bob L
    Okay, I think it's coming back to me. A record template file will save with an EDL, but not with preferences? What has me confused is that if I open SAW, then save the session with a name, then ctrl-click a record button in the MT, rather than opening a stereo record meter (which is what happens if I don't use the ctrl key), it opens a mono meter set to device 01L, which I believe is a record template I've saved somewhere in the distant past. So where is that coming from, if not associated with the default preferences file?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    ...What has me confused is that if I open SAW, then save the session with a name, then ctrl-click a record button in the MT, rather than opening a stereo record meter (which is what happens if I don't use the ctrl key), it opens a mono meter set to device 01L, which I believe is a record template I've saved somewhere in the distant past. So where is that coming from, if not associated with the default preferences file?
    That's interesting. On my office machine, which only has a 2 input interface, if I do as you say - open SAW, save session with a name and the ctrl-click a record button - nothing happens at all. The only way I can get the record meter up is to use the simple left-click on a channel's record button.

So yeah, based on this, it sounds as though you have a default record template of some kind that is activated when you use ctrl-click on a new session.

Clear any default Mix Template you may have set... this might be where the old record template is coming from.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Clear any default Mix Template you may have set... this might be where the old record template is coming from.

Bob L
    That's it! A default record template can be saved with the default mix template. Or with any mix template for that matter. (Or with an EDL.) It's all coming back to me, now.

I wasn't trying to clear the current default record template; I was trying to create a new one. And the fact that there appeared to be a current one had me thinking there was a way. That plus an old vestigial wisp of a memory that that was the case, and that I'd in fact done it in the distant past. (old, forgetful-guy oversized sunglasses)

Thanks for the guidance, Bob. FYI, the help file doesn't appear to mention this stuff; I think it's potentially pretty handy info.
    Becket, Massachusetts