Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Speak of the devil..................................

    Why is it that the SAW reverb kept coming up with corrupted settings? Can someone explain this to me?
    Do you have the latest version??
    I remember when I changed OS (or something) I had similar... but then made sure I had latest version then just reloaded the prior memorized settings - then things worked great.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

  2. #12

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Do you have the latest version??
    I remember when I changed OS (or something) I had similar... but then made sure I had latest version then just reloaded the prior memorized settings - then things worked great.
    THANK YOU, CARL!!
    I don't know if making sure I had installed the latest version of the plugins did the trick, but I certainly had not checked to see that they were updated when I installed SAW and SAC on this new pc, with the new os.

    What's more, I discovered, or realized, that a number of the more recent presets for many of the plugins had been saved in a "safety" copy of both SAW and SAC, when I had experienced some disruptive pc issues early this year - in the middle of work, of course - and which sort of led to this whole upheaval and (regretfully) abandoning Win7 for 10).
    So ultimately your suggestions made me look carefully at all the FX, Config and Mix folders, making sure to copy and update all of those settings into the new SAW/SAC folders.

    All is much better now!
    (Now if I could just get Win10 to let me share files to the same 4 pcs on the network in both directions on any given day of the week.)
    2013 Iowa City JazzFest sets recorded/mixed in SAW with SAC as a front-end mixer for live streaming radio.
    Dr Lonnie Smith Trio w/Jonathan Kreisberg on guitar
    Pharoah Sanders Quartet
    Fred Hersch Trio

    These are post mix sets to single camera video (by Rich Rauch).

  3. #13

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Try all of the Win 10 tweaks in the helpfile... lots of settings to get Win 10 sharing to work.

    Bob L

  4. #14

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    THANK YOU, CARL!!
    I don't know if making sure I had installed the latest version of the plugins did the trick, but I certainly had not checked to see that they were updated when I installed SAW and SAC on this new pc, with the new os.

    What's more, I discovered, or realized, that a number of the more recent presets for many of the plugins had been saved in a "safety" copy of both SAW and SAC, when I had experienced some disruptive pc issues early this year - in the middle of work, of course - and which sort of led to this whole upheaval and (regretfully) abandoning Win7 for 10).
    So ultimately your suggestions made me look carefully at all the FX, Config and Mix folders, making sure to copy and update all of those settings into the new SAW/SAC folders.

    All is much better now!
    (Now if I could just get Win10 to let me share files to the same 4 pcs on the network in both directions on any given day of the week.)
    Could also check out control panel>all control Panel items>Network and Sharing Center (and) > Advanced Sharing Settings.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

  5. #15

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Could also check out control panel>all control Panel items>Network and Sharing Center (and) > Advanced Sharing Settings.
    Been there........ done that......
    I remember thinking it was rough with the struggles I had getting a pc or two talking back when I switched from xp to 7. Once I got a couple kinks worked out, they behaved and that was that. But this is just bewildering.
    I'm dumbfounded by the ever-changing network hide and seek computers.

    Checking out more of Bob's Win10 tweaks, starting with the studio pc and the one I used to use for tcp/ip connection today. We'll see if I can get that to stick.
    2013 Iowa City JazzFest sets recorded/mixed in SAW with SAC as a front-end mixer for live streaming radio.
    Dr Lonnie Smith Trio w/Jonathan Kreisberg on guitar
    Pharoah Sanders Quartet
    Fred Hersch Trio

    These are post mix sets to single camera video (by Rich Rauch).

  6. #16

    Default Re: Corrupted plugin settings when moving between machines

    Just as a way to bring this back on topic and as a resolution to my own plugin corruption issue...

    I was able to track down the problem I was having with the SAW Reverb. Although I had copied all of my old presets into the new SAW folder on the new pc, the Reverb was always the one plugin that reported corrupted settings when I opened an old session.

    It turns out that I needed to delete the Studio_FX_Reverb.prf file in the Native Plugins folder and let the plugin refresh its presets associations. Now that's all good and all my previous settings come up as they were last saved with the sessions again.

    I'm a little puzzled that of all the native plugins I use, only the reverb appears to have this issue. Then again, I don't often save presets for the delay and eq and rarely, if ever, for the levelizer - but this also doesn't happen with the 3rd party native plugs either that I can recall (like rcdelay, freeverb, the Sonorus plugs, etc.).
    2013 Iowa City JazzFest sets recorded/mixed in SAW with SAC as a front-end mixer for live streaming radio.
    Dr Lonnie Smith Trio w/Jonathan Kreisberg on guitar
    Pharoah Sanders Quartet
    Fred Hersch Trio

    These are post mix sets to single camera video (by Rich Rauch).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •