Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: Free Reverb Plug-ins

Good day,

Came across these reverb plug-ins and thought that these might be of interest to others. Available in both 32-bit and 64-bit, these plug-ins are resource-friendly and installation friendly and work well in both SAW and SAC.

The ZIP file contains four .dll's namely, DragonflyEarlyReflections-vst.dll, DragonflyHallReverb-vst.dll, DragonflyPlateReverb-vst.dll and DragonflyRoomReverb-vst.dll.

There are also four folders with an .lv2 extension. According ot the devleoper, Michael Willis, "LV2 is an alternate plugin format used by a few plugin hosts like Ardour, Mixbus, and Carla. If you are only using the VST, you can delete the LV2 files."

Once extracted, you can then simply copy the four dll's to the respective VST_PlugIns folder.

Here is a link to the web site: [Click_Me]

Here is a link to the downloads: [Click_Me]

Thanks to Reujonik, here is the 32-bit/64-bit SAW/SAC native version: [Click_Me]
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-03-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Default Re: OT: Free Reverb Plug-ins

A nice free reverb plugin. It's worth noting though that it will not run on older machines as it requires open GL 3.0+ in order to show the graphical interface.

Blog Entries

Reujonik,

When you state, "...will not run on older machines..." what older machines are you referring to?

An older XP system for example, can use Open GL3+ via a non-integrated video card either from ATI or nVidia.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Reujonik,

When you state, "...will not run on older machines..." what older machines are you referring to?

An older XP system for example, can use Open GL3+ via a non-integrated video card either from ATI or nVidia.

My lenovo t400, windows 10 x64.

Blog Entries

Reujonik,

Yes, I could see this being more potentially problematic with laptops and the use of integrated video.

Note: I was checking our the specs and apparently the Mobility Radeon HD 3470 DDR2 does support OpenGL 3.3 - that is, if your system came with ATI graphics.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-02-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Reujonik,

Yes, I could see this being more potentially problematic with laptops and the use of integrated video.

Note: I was checking our the specs and apparently the Mobility Radeon HD 3470 DDR2 does support OpenGL 3.3 - that is, if your system came with ATI graphics.

Hi Dell. Thanks for that, but it's got an Intel GMA There was a Sac/Saw native version of that reverb a while back and it worked fine for me.. I wonder why it's not available for download any more? In my main Sac rig I'm still running xp on a Lenovo t60 with an Rme digiface on the pcmcia slot + 3 ada 8200s. I've got a few T60s on the shelf in mint condition and spare digifaces. I guess I've taken the view, if it ain't broke....I should have said, I'm NOT running xp as it's all gathering dust now because of covid. All live work here has been cancelled since last March and will be for the foreseeable future. Studio work is also off due to covid restrictions. I imagine it's much the same for all of us. On an up-note, my garden has never looked better. Take care........

Ah, just found the download for saw/sac native version here: https://app.box.com/s/oblhojqrs0wsc4iw8klafzbw11uj7p5k

Blog Entries

Reujonik

Now this is quite the find...well done!