Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool VIDEO SHOWING IN BLACK

I have to questions. EMERGENCY , I HAVE A SESSION TUESDAY AND NEED THIS FEATURE. HELP!!!

I was able to load the video with the correct video rate, I needed to chage saw studio from 30 Non Drop to 29.97 Drop, so i dont get the smpte rate not matching, is there any change in the length of the audio changing this?, or is only so the video can look to the audio?

The second questions is, everithyng show black, I can see the first frame of the video and the video region and move it, but as soon as I play goes black, I am in Saw Studio 32 5.8
    windows Pro 10

New INFO, this happen when I load a video with an existing session, if I load the video in a clean session the video plays ok

Extract audio is not working, following instructions on the manual.

I REMEBER USING ALL OF THIS WITH NO PROBLEMS, BUT NOW I AM COMPLETLY LOST

Mario
    www.bajasonic.com
    Last edited by lagsbartt; 12-13-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Default Re: VIDEO SHOWING IN BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by lagsbartt View Post
    I have to questions. EMERGENCY , I HAVE A SESSION TUESDAY AND NEED THIS FEATURE. HELP!!!

I was able to load the video with the correct video rate, I needed to chage saw studio from 30 Non Drop to 29.97 Drop, so i dont get the smpte rate not matching, is there any change in the length of the audio changing this?, or is only so the video can look to the audio?

The second questions is, everithyng show black, I can see the first frame of the video and the video region and move it, but as soon as I play goes black, I am in Saw Studio 32 5.8
    windows Pro 10

New INFO, this happen when I load a video with an existing session, if I load the video in a clean session the video plays ok

Extract audio is not working, following instructions on the manual.

I REMEBER USING ALL OF THIS WITH NO PROBLEMS, BUT NOW I AM COMPLETLY LOST

Mario
    www.bajasonic.com
    Black video - try changing the video display size to 'original', save session, reopen.
    Or... simply place a marker at the start of the video region in the timeline, delete region entry and reload it again. That's worked for me in the past.
    I think it was changing session timing parameters that made mine go black..(not sure)... but I know one of the two above methods restored the video playback.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Smile Re: VIDEO SHOWING IN BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Black video - try changing the video display size to 'original', save session, reopen.
    Or... simply place a marker at the start of the video region in the timeline, delete region entry and reload it again. That's worked for me in the past.
    I think it was changing session timing parameters that made mine go black..(not sure)... but I know one of the two above methods restored the video playback.
    Thank You, changing to original anda saving worked fine!!

Thank You, changing to original anda saving worked fine!!
    If I remember right audio-video sync isn't impacted by changing the frame rate. Just the timeline display. IIRC, the viewer adopts the actual playback frame rate based on the video file's inherent frame rate metadata.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    If I remember right audio-video sync isn't impacted by changing the frame rate. Just the timeline display. IIRC, the viewer adopts the actual playback frame rate based on the video file's inherent frame rate metadata.
    Thank you very much for your tip, worked fine yesterdeay, but after opening again today, is black again, I also use the actual video that I got today for the tomorrow session and workrd fine, I have to move th SMPTE to 23.9 and worked fine, then I tried another edit list with the same video, and didnt work, and the last edit list either, everything is black, is there anything esle that I have to consider in the player settings?, I really appretiate your advice

Mario

Thank you very much for your tip, worked fine yesterdeay, but after opening again today, is black again, I also use the actual video that I got today for the tomorrow session and workrd fine, I have to move th SMPTE to 23.9 and worked fine, then I tried another edit list with the same video, and didnt work, and the last edit list either, everything is black, is there anything esle that I have to consider in the player settings?, I really appretiate your advice

Mario
    Simply try to RESIZE the video regions (EACH one) back to their original sizes and be sure to save your Session (to be safe - also safe, when you see that work, re-save your preferences - then make that your default).
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Mario
    The setting of the time code has nothing to do with your display being black so far as I know. I was talking about audio-video sync. I've never seen sync problems because of time code settings. Just time line "re-painting." Sync always seems to work so long as the MT sample rate is set right, the clock honors that rate, and your video file's frame rate header info is correct. You can see that info, btw, in the video viewer, IIRC, by right-clicking on the VV screen when the video in question is displaying there.

Black display to me sounds like a funky codec (in the eyes of SAW's Video Viewer). I used to convert all videos to DV AVI files to avoid such conflicts (and get great frame-to-frame scrubbing, etc.). SAW was built around AVIs, I think, so it's pretty comfortable with them, generally.
    Becket, Massachusetts

The setting of the time code has nothing to do with your display being black so far as I know. I was talking about audio-video sync. I've never seen sync problems because of time code settings. Just time line "re-painting." Sync always seems to work so long as the MT sample rate is set right, the clock honors that rate, and your video file's frame rate header info is correct. You can see that info, btw, in the video viewer, IIRC, by right-clicking on the VV screen when the video in question is displaying there.

Black display to me sounds like a funky codec (in the eyes of SAW's Video Viewer). I used to convert all videos to DV AVI files to avoid such conflicts (and get great frame-to-frame scrubbing, etc.). SAW was built around AVIs, I think, so it's pretty comfortable with them, generally.
    hmmmm.... I always convert to AVI before entering video regions into the MT but still got the black several times. For me, it had to do with changing the video viewer display size, or dragging it to a different size (can't remember exactly how) but it was always easily corrected by either re-sizing to original size (from V V options) or replacing region with a new version from the same AVI file.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 12-14-2020 at 09:31 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    hmmmm.... I always convert to AVI before entering video regions into the MT but still got the black several times. For me, it had to do with changing the video viewer display size, or dragging it to a different size (can't remember exactly how) but it was always easily corrected by either re-sizing to original size (from V V options) or replacing region with a new version from the same AVI file.
    I'm certainly not trying to contradict you, Carl. Just some other things for the OP to try. No such thing as too many cooks when it comes to troubleshooting, methinks.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I'm certainly not trying to contradict you, Carl. Just some other things for the OP to try. No such thing as too many cooks when it comes to troubleshooting, methinks.
    I was just adding my observations.... lots of cooks are a good thing! (trouble shooting and even open source software are excellent examples)
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com