Close

Default Behringer8200 With Lynx Adat Card - Windows Device

Need advice on Behringer 8200 (or other ADDA) with Lynx Adat extension card on how Windows handles Devices (Specifically with ASIO).

I would like to Zoom with clients, sending SAC 7-8 out (while using SAC-SAWStudio Link) punching in VO's in productions live in Sawstudio (using outs 1-4 for submixes and 5-6 for the Zoom receive audio back into separate monitor (hardware console). The question is: How does Windows treat Devices with ASIO under scenarios below?

Currently, without a Behringer (just using Lynx L22 without ADAT option), it seems that windows audio feeds will only honor Lynx's 1&2 in and 1&2 out with ONE program in ASIO mode.
    So the question is: with Behringer8200, with computer ADAT daughter card of Lynx L22 using ASIO: Would Windows allow me to use different programs simultaneously to different devices while using ASIO?:
    Or... would Windows see the ADAT's separate ins/outs as assignable channels that could feed multiple other devices?

Same problem exists when trying to use OBS..... Works OK when using MMC.... but when using ASIO... I can't open SawStudio/SAC and record to OBS simultaneously - unless going back to MMC (which destroys latency!)

So in short, I want to be able to use ASIO (low Latency) while simultaneously utilizing different programs (Feed to/from Zoom while in SAC/SS link with ASIO), or recording to OBS (while using SAC/SS link in ASIO mode). Advice from those who've 'been there - done that'????
    Last edited by Carl G.; 12-14-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Behringer8200 With Lynx Adat Card - Windows Device

Carl,

Did you see the post on "OT: Screen capture/record with ASIO"? Please check this out...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Carl,

Did you see the post on "OT: Screen capture/record with ASIO"? Please check this out...
    Did research on ASIO Link Pro access:
    The developer of ASIO Link recently passed away, and his nephew authorised the software to be released for free. The original website is down, but you can still download the program via this Wayback Machine link. After installation, you need the patcher to turn the trial version into a full version. The source for this is down as well, but this Wayback Machine link gives you access.
    BUT... should first check for virus .... one guy reported a possible issue because Windows Defender flagged it.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 12-14-2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Did research on ASIO Link Pro access:
    The developer of ASIO Link recently passed away, and his nephew authorised the software to be released for free. The original website is down, but you can still download the program via this Wayback Machine link. After installation, you need the patcher to turn the trial version into a full version. The source for this is down as well, but this Wayback Machine link gives you access.
    BUT... should first check for virus .... one guy reported a possible issue because Windows Defender flagged it.
    Hi Carl
    Both the links in your post TIME-OUT for me.
    But I do have the app you speak of, and yes the developer died and his nephew offered a patch so people could it without compensation.
    It work great as audio link from One DAW to another DAW on the same network using gigabit nic's.
    I am not sure or not if it will work in your situation but if you can figure a way for me to send it to you I would be happy to.
    Lord knows you have helped me in the past.
    Let me know! (If you need the App and Patch) the virus less version.

(EDIT) THEIR SERVER IS BACK UP AGAIN Sooo scratch that

Warren
    Last edited by Warren; 12-15-2020 at 02:43 AM.
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Blog Entries

Carl,
    ... Not a virus...just a false positive.

I have it if anyone wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Carl,
    ... Not a virus...just a false positive.

I have it if anyone wants it.
    Yes here... just to be safe (I trust you).

Meanwhile, I read that programs like this simply line up MMC with ASIO... so in effect other programs are actually going through MMC and then being made available to ASIO... If so, that would (importantly) mean that those other programs do *not* have the low latency that the ones truly using ASIO direct would have. Is that correct?? Have you observed minimum latency numbers available while using other application which funnel through ASIO Link Pro? Can we get down to true ASIO minimum latency through using ASIO Link Pro?
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Need advice on Behringer 8200 (or other ADDA) with Lynx Adat extension card on how Windows handles Devices (Specifically with ASIO).

I would like to Zoom with clients, sending SAC 7-8 out (while using SAC-SAWStudio Link) punching in VO's in productions live in Sawstudio (using outs 1-4 for submixes and 5-6 for the Zoom receive audio back into separate monitor (hardware console). The question is: How does Windows treat Devices with ASIO under scenarios below?

Currently, without a Behringer (just using Lynx L22 without ADAT option), it seems that windows audio feeds will only honor Lynx's 1&2 in and 1&2 out with ONE program in ASIO mode.
    So the question is: with Behringer8200, with computer ADAT daughter card of Lynx L22 using ASIO: Would Windows allow me to use different programs simultaneously to different devices while using ASIO?:
    Or... would Windows see the ADAT's separate ins/outs as assignable channels that could feed multiple other devices?

Same problem exists when trying to use OBS..... Works OK when using MMC.... but when using ASIO... I can't open SawStudio/SAC and record to OBS simultaneously - unless going back to MMC (which destroys latency!)

So in short, I want to be able to use ASIO (low Latency) while simultaneously utilizing different programs (Feed to/from Zoom while in SAC/SS link with ASIO), or recording to OBS (while using SAC/SS link in ASIO mode). Advice from those who've 'been there - done that'????
    Hey Carl,

The mixer products from VB audio might get you there. His software is stable and mature. There's the ASIO Bridge and some software mixers.

Scroll down on this page for the ASIO Bridge: https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

One of the mixers: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/potato.htm

Last edited by Naturally Digital; 12-17-2020 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Added both links

Another possibility might be to run Zoom on a second machine with it's own audio interface.

Have you heard of the Audiomovers service? It works well and is client friendly.

https://audiomovers.com