Close

Default Dual Adat interface

I have an old spirit 328 which has dual adat or tdif I/O which I used with a hammerfall until the card slot was obsoleted.

What interfaces with 2 adats (or tdif) have people found reliable?

Default Re: Dual Adat interface

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I have an old spirit 328 which has dual adat or tdif I/O which I used with a hammerfall until the card slot was obsoleted.

What interfaces with 2 adats (or tdif) have people found reliable?
    LYNX ADAT daughter card (in my case hooked to the L22). 16 channels. Nice, flexible mixer interface too for expansive ADDA I/O. (but still working on multiple applications accessing the same ASIO interface internally in another thread).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 12-15-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    LYNX ADAT daughter card (in my case hooked to the L22). 16 channels. Nice, flexible mixer interface too for expansive ADDA I/O. (but still working on multiple applications accessing the same ASIO interface internally in another thread).
    Sidebar: Carl, I thought I scanned the other thread, but maybe I missed it. Is there a way to get multiple ASIO drivers to work alongside each other in the same app?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I did find the $600 4 ADAT rme digiface usb. Now to find the 2 port version for $300...
    Last edited by jmh; 12-18-2020 at 03:17 PM. Reason: didn't set up the punch line

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Sidebar: Carl, I thought I scanned the other thread, but maybe I missed it. Is there a way to get multiple ASIO drivers to work alongside each other in the same app?
    All I know of is ASIO4ALL but it has not been updated in a long time.

http://www.asio4all.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    All I know of is ASIO4ALL but it has not been updated in a long time.

http://www.asio4all.org/
    Interesting. Never thought of that for that.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I did find the $600 4 ADAT rme digiface usb. Now to find the 2 port version for $300...

Funny to see there is at least one thing in pro audio that is cheaper in Europe. I believe I paid between €300 and €400 for mine, and believe it is well worth it. Great little device.

Another cheap option, while not being exactly what you asked for, it is one of the cheapest new ways to obtain adat in and out: the Berrie UMC1820. It has 8 mic preamps built in, 8 line outs and a few more outputs. And a set of adat in and out connections for one adat device. Even if you don't use the berrie pre's, you still have one of the cheapest way to obtain adat i/o (via usb). Not sure if you could hook up two and use them as a single 2x adat in / 2x adat out device. Costs around €200 in Europe, so that would be €400 for a pair. No idea about prices in the US.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT