Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw Reverb?

Default Saw Reverb?

What happened to Saw Reverb?
    It was still in use on Bob's demonstration videos.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Saw Reverb?

Hello,

Not ported to 64-bit as far as I know?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

OK! I understand, thank You.

Hello,

That sounds like a reason not to upgrade to the 64 bit version. Why would I want to pay more to be able to use less?? Or did I miss something here?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Blog Entries

Cary,
    That sounds like a reason not to upgrade to the 64 bit version. Why would I want to pay more to be able to use less?? Or did I miss something here?
    ... Cary...maybe you have?

I always considered the reverb as an add-on..developed by Hristo Doichev...though I am not aware of the extent of Hristo's involvement. v2.7 dated back to 2000!

This being said, with the plethora of 64-bit reverb plug-ins that ARE currently available - such as those from Valhalla, would a lack of a 64-bit version of StudioReverb not make this point moot?

Just curious?

Cary,
    ... Cary...maybe you have?

I always considered the reverb as an add-on..developed by Hristo Doichev...though I am not aware of the extent of Hristo's involvement. v2.7 dated back to 2000!

This being said, with the plethora of 64-bit reverb plug-ins that ARE currently available - such as those from Valhalla, would a lack of a 64-bit version of StudioReverb not make this point moot?

Just curious?
    I think Cary is referring to 64 bit. I purchased 64 and have continued mostly in 32 - from momentum as much as anything. There are unfinished projects that have native saw plugins. Also I am familiar with those plugins and tend to continue to use them. Has anyone heard sonic superiority in 64? The real advantage is that it allows one to use another subset of plugins - and maybe more of the newer ones.

I agree about there being many good reverbs - and also so much else. Still one of my favorites is Freeverb (JMSs - but for now, I'll have to get the Elements version going).

Blog Entries

jmh,
    There are unfinished projects that have native saw plugins. Also I am familiar with those plugins and tend to continue to use them.
    The stock plug-ins, that is the Echo and Eq are ported to 64-bit...and so are the Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, Midi WorkShop64 and the Signal Switch plug-ins.

This being said, I do not believe that any of the plug-ins from Anwida, Jon Marshall Smith or Sonoris Audio Engineering have been ported yet.

Regarding your question, "Has anyone heard sonic superiority in 64?" ... I do not believe that there is any sonic difference ... but others should chime-in here as well.

jmh,

The stock plug-ins, that is the Echo and Eq are ported to 64-bit...and so are the Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, Midi WorkShop64 and the Signal Switch plug-ins.

This being said, I do not believe that any of the plug-ins from Anwida, Jon Marshall Smith or Sonoris Audio Engineering have been ported yet.

Regarding your question, "Has anyone heard sonic superiority in 64?" ... I do not believe that there is any sonic difference ... but others should chime-in here as well.
    There isn't any sonic difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, that wasn't the point of the change. It has to do with memory capacity and OS/Plug-in compatibility. There are lots of plugins that are simply no longer supporting 32-bit and as time progresses both the OS and ALL plugins will be 64-bit only.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 12-28-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

cgrafx
    ...and as time progresses both the OS and ALL plugins will be 64-bit only.
    ...Agreed!

But what of deprecating VST2...though this may not be for some time yet?

I do not mind if Saw Reverb is revived at some point, I can probably imagine buying it.I know there is many...many freeware, commercial reverbs out there,same with delays.
    AND BECAUSE...Saw Echo/Delay plug is of so superiorexelentemagnifico quality
    and the CROSS section is a mind blowing spiritual eperience ..sooo maybe the "new" Saw Reverb if there is such a thing in the coming, maybe it is a really good reverb, who knows.
    If Bob is using Saw 64-bit today, he must use some reverb plugs.
    Personally I am very seriously curious about wich one he is using TODAY, because back then Saw Reverb was his "favorite" reverb.
    Not meant to be sarcastic and mean, seriously curious, because we all have to choose our reverbs.