Close

Thread: SAC+ Waves QREC

1. Default SAC+ Waves QREC

Hi,
    Waves published the application Qrec--> https://www.waves.com/mixers-racks/soundgrid-qrec today.
    This allows any SoundGrid IO device to connect via ASIO to a DAW (or ASIO host) without the need of a Waves Server. Basically it is quite similar to DANTE with VSC.

The good thing: All micpres can be remote controll as well over Qrec.
    It works really good with Presonus Studio One, but I can't get it to work with SAC. I can choose the SoundGrid ASIO driver in SAC and the SAC Engine goes live as well, but I don't get any audio in.
    Maybe someone else here has a SoundGrid IO device and could look into it?

Last edited by Wurst Werner; 12-21-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Default Re: SAC+ Waves QREC

Does the 'load-meter' show any load? I'm facing the same issue when restarting my system with a Yamaha AIC-128 dante - card. First start works fine, but the next starts will just switch the engine indicator to 'Running', but load remains zero and no audio does occur.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

I've noticed that the Dante hardware audio card drivers actually unload the driver memory when the audio engine is stopped... as if the program was shutting down... anoying... you have to reset the driver by restarting the host... or just never stop the engine.

The Virtual Sound Card driver works correctly... allowing the engine to start and stop and only unloading its memory assignments when the host program is shutdown.

Bob L

You can also choose an other kind of audio-driver, close the menu, reopen the menu and switch back to ASIO to get it working once.

According to the ASIO SDK the driver should return to the Prepared state when a stop command was sent, but as you reported the driver goes back to the Initizalized state (or to the Loaded state).

Did you report the issue to audinate?

Tomy

Yup... nobody seemed to care.... they say the problem is with my software.

Oh well.

Bob L

I once asked for more information about their dante(r) API.... :-(

I like dante(r) but audinate seems conceited to me.

What about an 'always reset ASIO driver' option?

Yes... I thought about a forced reset everytime the engine stops... I may have to implement that option to compensate.

Bob L