Close

Default Headless startup

Couldn't recall if someone had posted a way to have a headless startup for SAC.

Hap

Default Re: Headless startup

Hi,
    did you mean a complet startup of SAC (including start of the audio engine) or just starting up to a point were a remote can access it?
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Blog Entries

Hap,

Never thought of that one....but for sure!!!

I use Nircmd.

Have a peep at these...[Click_Me]

I guess you could also use AutoHotKey..but Nirmcd is better in my humble opinion.

Let me know what it is specifically you want to do and I would love to assist you with this.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hap,

Never thought of that one....but for sure!!!

I use Nircmd.

Have a peep at these...[Click_Me]

I guess you could also use AutoHotKey..but Nirmcd is better in my humble opinion.

Let me know what it is specifically you want to do and I would love to assist you with this.
    Now I remember AutoHotKey. I took a quick look at Nirmcd. I'll read up on it.
    Back in the DOS days I use to write up AutoExeBatch files to do all the launching.

In summary I'm looking for a way for SAC to get back to where it was without the assistance of a body to do the navigation to SAC. No mouse, no keyboard, no monitor.
    All activity done from the remotes after SAC is up and running from its last auto-save point.

Hap

Blog Entries

Hap,
    In summary I'm looking for a way for SAC to get back to where it was without the assistance of a body to do the navigation to SAC. No mouse, no keyboard, no monitor.
    All activity done from the remotes after SAC is up and running from its last auto-save point.
    ...Nircmd can do all of that...

Blog Entries

HapHazzard,
    All activity done from the remotes after SAC is up and running from its last auto-save point
    ... So , according to the SAC User manual,

"Open Last AutoSave Session - This option allows you to open the last AutoSave session file if one exists from the activated automatic background save option. Note the session name will reflect that you are inside the autosave session file, not the original session file which may have been opened at the time. The original file was never overwritten unless you chose to manually save it before you exited the program or choose to save and overwrite it now."

The session file name is Autosave.mxs...so C:\SAC\SAC.exe [path]\Autosave.mxs would call that data file.

Here is the Nircmd code:

@echo off
    :: Usage: Launch SAC as admin, with an .mxs file
    :: Date: 6:46 AM 7/21/2020
    :: Status: Confirmed
    :: -----------------------------------------------
    nircmd elevatecmd exec max C:\SAC64\SAC64.exe [path]\Autosave.mxs
    :: ...then...exit...
    exit

Put the above code in a batch file, then copy that batch file to the Startup folder...and Volia! I have tested this procedure out and it all works as it should.

Hope this helps?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-07-2021 at 10:55 AM.

I'm using a simple Dos-Type batch file on my SAC Machine, invoked by the windows sheduler.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Blog Entries

TomyN,

I'm using a simple Dos-Type batch file on my SAC Machine, invoked by the windows sheduler
    ... Nircmd is a command-line extension ... so DOS is still functioning as it should.

May I ask what is the point of use Task Scheduler?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    HapHazzard,

... So , according to the SAC User manual,

"Open Last AutoSave Session - This option allows you to open the last AutoSave session file if one exists from the activated automatic background save option. Note the session name will reflect that you are inside the autosave session file, not the original session file which may have been opened at the time. The original file was never overwritten unless you chose to manually save it before you exited the program or choose to save and overwrite it now."

The session file name is Autosave.mxs...so C:\SAC\SAC.exe [path]\Autosave.mxs would call that data file.

Here is the Nircmd code:

@echo off
    :: Usage: Launch SAC as admin, with an .mxs file
    :: Date: 6:46 AM 7/21/2020
    :: Status: Confirmed
    nircmd elevatecmd exec max C:\SAC64\SAC64.exe [path]\Autosave.mxs
    :: ...then...exit...
    exit

Put the above code in a batch file, then copy that batch file to the Startup folder...and Volia! I have tested this procedure out and it all works as it should.

Hope this helps?
    OK.
    Forgot that the Bios has the Auto Power Up when power is restored.
    That part is done now on with NICMD

Hap