Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Questions regarding Installing Izotope plugins

Hey there- I just purchased Izotope Nectar, Ozone, and Neutron and am trying to get them to function in SS Basic.

1. I tried installing one plugin for SS using an .ini file to point to the directory they installed to: "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" The plugin was listed in FX Choices when I opened SS Basic but when selected I got the message: Trouble Loading Plugin. I also tried copying all the dll files to the SS Basic VST Plugin folder. They all showed up in the FX Choice box but none would load. Same error message.

2. I'm hoping that there is an easy way to get these loaded. There are almost 60 dll files installed. Is there are any time-saving shortcuts, tips, or tools for installing a whack of plugins at once.

Thanks.
    Kent
    Last edited by Kent F; 01-11-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Default Re: Questions regarding Installing Izotope plugins

The first thing to make sure is you are using the correct VST versions for the particularly flavor of SAW Studio.

Are you running Saw Studio 32 or Saw Studio 64.

The VSTs will need to match. If your running the 32bit version of Saw Studio you'll need to run the 32-bit version of the VSTs, same for 64-bit.

Start there and see what happens.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Also, each Izotope plugin consists of 2 .dll files. Look through the VST directory and make copies of both files and copy them into SAW's VST folder. I have nearly all of them and they work fine installed this way. For instance Nectar3 requires IZnectar3.dll & Nectar 3.dll. All the other plugins have similar pairings.

Once you have them working, you will want to hide the IZnectar3.dll types by creating a favorites list in the Plugin management system in SAW.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Finally, if you do want to keep them in their native installed location and do a batch INI file creation for SAW's VST_plugins folder (this is how I have my Izotope plugins working), there are two solutions that I know of:

1) The original Efofex SAW VST INI Tool, which I can no longer find a download site for (Steve Berson?), but can send to you if you PM me.

2) Elements' Dll2ini (VST redirection utility), which I've only become aware of in the last couple months, thanks to Steve's post in November.

Both are free. Note that if you use either of these utilities, you'll want to either not select the second Izotope DLL of each pair for processing or, if it's easier, do the bulk selecting, then delete the resulting/corresponding INI files from SAW's VST_plugins folder after they've been created.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks for the help. I used the Izotope simple install option so I probably ended up with 64 bit versions but I'm running 32bit version of SAW. I'll have to go back and see. Perhaps do a fresh install. Is there any reason not to move the dll files to the SAW VST folder? And is there any benefit to keeping the plugins in both the Izotope folder and the SAW VST folder? I use different Audio applications for different jobs.

I usually just make copies, but I have heard of instances where people say some plugins fail in this scenario. I have never run into it personally. Only downside is twice the hard drive space. I have 500 plugins or so....I know, I know.

I find things easier to debug in SAW when all the plugins are in one folder instead of scattered around the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent F View Post
    Thanks for the help. I used the Izotope simple install option so I probably ended up with 64 bit versions but I'm running 32bit version of SAW. I'll have to go back and see. Perhaps do a fresh install. Is there any reason not to move the dll files to the SAW VST folder? And is there any benefit to keeping the plugins in both the Izotope folder and the SAW VST folder? I use different Audio applications for different jobs.

MMP -- I was going to suggest collecting guitars instead might save you some money, but tomayto tomahto...

Kent -- be sure there are even 32-bit versions of those available. I recently upgraded to Izotope RX 8 Elements, which forced me to finally upgrade to SAWStudio64 for that reason (RX 8 is 64-bit only).
    Becket, Massachusetts

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Kent -- be sure there are even 32-bit versions of those available. I recently upgraded to Izotope RX 8 Elements, which forced me to finally upgrade to SAWStudio64 for that reason (RX 8 is 64-bit only).

Turns out I play keyboards. I have a lot of them Over 40. Ok I'm obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    MMP -- I was going to suggest collecting guitars instead might save you some money, but tomayto tomahto...

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Turns out I play keyboards. I have a lot of them Over 40. Ok I'm obsessive.
    Tomighto!

One day at a time, my man...
    Becket, Massachusetts