Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Questions regarding Installing Izotope plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    Setting up S42 takes a little time, particularly with a special directory setup, but the user manual is quite clear and easy to follow.
    Hey, I got into X42, but for me the VSTs just freeze up when opening them in SAWStudio64. Any clues?

I "chatted" with the developer, WilliamK, and he said he hasn't tested SAWStudio (figured). When I told him he could install the SS demo in 30 seconds, he said that he was too busy this week, but to remind him later on to try it out. We'll see.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

OK, I just bought RX8 and am having a heck o' a time installing it.
    I downloaded the JBridge demo and tried to put the 32 bit translated dll into a separate folder then copied the dll into the SAW VST folder with no luck. If I translate it to the SAW VST folder, it creates a VST sub folder that puts me in the same boat as before.

I need some of you smarter guys to give me a helping hand here.

Thanks,
    Bill
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

I installed rx7 and SAW on one pc awhile back. I'm still using saw 32 bit, but I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of rx7. In my case, certain of the rx7 plugins just show up in saw - probably because their plugins are installed in the main Steinberg folders and I used/refreshed the SAWVstIniTool - VST to Ini File Converter for SAW Studio, which I've used out of habit for the past 15 years or more.

That's all I've got to offer, I'm afraid. I just wanted to say that some (if not all) the rx plugins can/do show up in saw.

Oh - just remembered that rx8 is 64 bit only, so I'm sure my experience might not directly translate for you. I haven't checked my rx8 pc to see if the plugins show up in saw 32 in as simple a fashion..... I might check and see and get back about it.
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 09-24-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks, I'll continue to "plug" away. =0)
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions

Why do you need to wrap them? Don***8217;t they still come as both 32 & 64 bit?

In either case, each Izotope plugin depends on two .dll files, so my guess is the wrapped .dlls need the other dlls with similar names moved into the folder.
    Last edited by MMP; 09-24-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Michael McInnis Productions

You do not need to wrap them... but if the plugs are 64 bit, you need SAWStudio64.

Bob L

Success! I wrote the ini pointer to the J Bridge folder.
    Thanks for putting up with my stress.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Bill Corkery Productions

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Success! I wrote the ini pointer to the J Bridge folder.
    Thanks for putting up with my stress.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Bill, so you're wrapping the 64-bit plugs to 32-bit? Is that right?

Glad you got it going.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts