Close

Default New UAD Update Causes Issues

I updated my UAD software and a number of my EDLs refused to play afterwards. It gave a Trouble Instantiating Plugin message but no reference to the problem plugin and no plugin in the session was grayed out. If I hit play, the sessions would go poof and I would be back at my desktop. After a bit of investigation, it turned out that the Neve 33609 compressor plugin was the issue. The old plugin was still in my folder because the current plugin had a different spelling. The old name was UAD Neve 33609.dll. The new one, UAD Neve 33609 c.dll.

I made a copy of the new dll file and renamed it to the old file name, and then added the new dll with the C to my favorites list and removed the old non C plugin from my favorites.

I hope this post might save others from the same troubleshooting I had to go through this morning.

Happy New Year!

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Default Re: New UAD Update Causes Issues

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I updated my UAD software and a number of my EDLs refused to play afterwards. It gave a Trouble Instantiating Plugin message but no reference to the problem plugin and no plugin in the session was grayed out. If I hit play, the sessions would go poof and I would be back at my desktop. After a bit of investigation, it turned out that the Neve 33609 compressor plugin was the issue. The old plugin was still in my folder because the current plugin had a different spelling. The old name was UAD Neve 33609.dll. The new one, UAD Neve 33609 c.dll.

I made a copy of the new dll file and renamed it to the old file name, and then added the new dll with the C to my favorites list and removed the old non C plugin from my favorites.

I hope this post might save others from the same troubleshooting I had to go through this morning.

Happy New Year!

MM
    Thanks, Michael. That would definitely have messed me up. No heads-up from UA about the change so that guys like us could be ready for it?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts