Close

View Poll Results: What are you using, multiple choices are ok?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • XP

4 20.00%
  • Win7

7 35.00%
  • Win10

15 75.00%

6 30.00%

14 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Poll XP -7- 10 -32 - 64

I would like to know what people are using. I have both a 32 XP and 64 Win 10 versions of Saw/MWS and just would like to know what people are using. Thanks for your input. I will be adding this info to my website and our Facebook page.
    Last edited by Microstudio; 01-20-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Default Re: Poll XP -7- 10 -32 - 64

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I would like to what people are using. I have both a 32 XP and 64 Win 10 versions of Saw/MWS and just would like to know what people are using. Thanks for your input. I will be adding this info to my website and our Facebook page.
    XP worked great, then 7 worked great, and now 10 has been working great for several years. That said, I don't push a lot of tracks or processing these days. Hoping that will change.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Like Dave, XP, 7 - both worked fine and 7 still working fine.
    I haven't had enough work over the course of the time since installing 10 in early 2020 to find out if it's been tamed enough to trust with any live location gigs. Otherwise, 10 seems to be working (staying out of the way) enough for me to accomplish a bit of editing and mixing (but I use minimal effects and no midi, samples, synths in most of my work, either).

XP worked well...but now... 2 netbooks, Win7-32bit 1 laptop Win7 Pro-64bit 2 Desktop towers, Win7 Pro-64bit...one with duel boot Win10(which I use only when I absolutely have to)
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

still using xp for live work but 10 x64 in the studio.

Win 10 Pro working well for me. Haven't recorded over 35 tracks yet, but using lots of plugins with no problem on a Dell 3GHz CPU, 16 Meg RAM laptop and two external monitors. It's been very stable for me. All updates installed.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,

May I ask what the purpose of this poll is?

For what I am witnessing, this effort might have been best served using a survey format.

Also, from I am able to ascertain, a poll is for determining an end result, with the end result affecting some kind of change, whilst a survey is for obtaining an option.

Thus far, 75.00% of those who have been "polled" are using WIN10 - which is not at all surprising, since WIN10 came out in late 2014.

As well, 66.67% of those who have been "polled" are using a 64-bit OS - again, which is not at all surprising.

So what have we learnt? ... in that much of what we do see is really to be expected.

Just curious?

PS: What might be of more interest is poll regarding the "deprecation" of VST2 for VST3. In particular, are the features that VST3 advocates to provide - are such avocations significant? Most of the vendors whom I have purchased plug-ins from will continue with the development and support of VST2 until the hosts no longer provide support VST2...and which I sincerely hope is a long time away.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-16-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Microstudio,

May I ask what the purpose of this poll is?
    Just curious and since I run the www.learnsawstudio.com website and our FaceBook page I thought it would be cool to know and share.

I was kind of forced to switch over to Windows 10 just like I had to switch from XP to Windows 7 years ago.
    The best running OS ever was XP with Windows 7 right behind it.
    The problem I have with Windows 10 is all the processes that run in that back ground many of which you can't shut off.
    I should be able to tell the OS what I want it to do not the other way around.
    I'm not a fan of big tech for many reasons - this is just one of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    I was kind of forced to switch over to Windows 10 just like I had to switch from XP to Windows 7 years ago.
    The best running OS ever was XP with Windows 7 right behind it.
    The problem I have with Windows 10 is all the processes that run in that back ground many of which you can't shut off.
    I should be able to tell the OS what I want it to do not the other way around.
    I'm not a fan of big tech for many reasons - this is just one of them.
    Have you searched YouTube for optimizing Win 10?

Here is one I use.