Close

View Poll Results: What are you using, multiple choices are ok?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • XP

4 20.00%
  • Win7

7 35.00%
  • Win10

15 75.00%

6 30.00%

14 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Poll XP -7- 10 -32 - 64

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Danny,

As you stated, "...not what version of SawStudio you're using?" ... 'cause you can use 32-bit apps in a 64-bit environment!

As I mentioned previously, I still do not see the purpose of this poll!

It might have been more preferable to ask the question - merely as an example mind you, "Would the implication of a move to a 64-bit environment make it more likely or less likely to move from using 32-bit apps to 64-bit apps?" - or something like that.
    Well I, for one, find it very interesting. I've wondered what portion of the community had moved to 64 bit W10. This doesn't exactly get to that due to the mix-n-match nature of the poll (and there is at least one 'W10' response missing because I chose '64' and moved on). And, of course, very few people have actually responded to the poll - unless this is all of us who are left. But it's still interesting.

I would suggest that if you believe that there is another important question to be polled about - that you could do a poll on it yourself. But, if you do it, make sure to leave room for people who have already moved (at least apparently the majority) to indicate that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny O View Post
    Hey Mirco...I thought this survey was to indicate what version of Microsoft OS you're using not what version of SawStudio you're using?
    I made the poll to see what OS and what versions of SawStudio people are using simple as that. It is nothing more than a simple poll that some are overthinking.

Dell suggested using the LTSC version of Windows 10, and I now have it on both my desktop and laptop recording computers. It leaves of a significant amount of bloatware (and no Cortana!) and is working well for me.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    Dell suggested using the LTSC version of Windows 10, and I now have it on both my desktop and laptop recording computers. It leaves of a significant amount of bloatware (and no Cortana!) and is working well for me.
    +1. New 10850K box is screaming on LTSC w/ an M.2 NVMe boot drive. Sure don't miss the bloat. Sure don't miss the updates.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    LTSC and before that LTSB x64 have been running on both my home pc and studio pc for the last three years now without any problems. Like you say, it's great to be without all of the unnecessary bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reujonik View Post
    LTSC and before that LTSB x64 have been running on both my home pc and studio pc for the last three years now without any problems. Like you say, it's great to be without all of the unnecessary bloat.
    And the price is right—and it's Win10 Enterprise, no less. What's not to like?
    Becket, Massachusetts

I only use it cause it's called Enterprise and I'm a Trekkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reujonik View Post
    I only use it cause it's called Enterprise and I'm a Trekkie.
    +1.
    Becket, Massachusetts

As documented ad nauseam back then, I've been using LTSC with an m.2 NVME and lots of RAM for over a year now, on Dell's advice. I would not go back to my previous W95 setup. It solved a lot of SAC problems for me, especially. For one: I have yet to have a single saved SAC session go wonky on me when I add one more VST/VSTe and subsequently have to start over from scratch.