Close

View Poll Results: What are you using, multiple choices are ok?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • XP

4 20.00%
  • Win7

7 35.00%
  • Win10

15 75.00%

6 30.00%

14 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Poll XP -7- 10 -32 - 64

Have to say I like everyone giving their input.

Blog Entries

Good day,

Why not watch Martin's SAC videos...these tweaks apply to SAW as well...Optimize Windows 10 for LIVE SOUND

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

Why not watch Martin's SAC videos...these tweaks apply to SAW as well...Optimize Windows 10 for LIVE SOUND
    For those who don't know (I didn't, or I'd forgotten), the SAWStudio Help files now have Bob's OS tweak recommendations for all Windows versions from XP forward (each version has its own section). There's some pretty deep stuff in there I'd never done before.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Good day,

I guess that I would have simply assumed that the first course-of-action was to read the available documentation! Unlike other documentation - which some of us tend to refer to as "destruction manuals", Bob's User Manuals are indeed well written and instructive.

In the HelpFile documentation it states: "Using Online Help - The SAWStudio helpfile is carefully written and very useful once you spend some time with it. In fact, it is strongly recommended that you take a couple hours to read (or at least browse) the entire file using the Next and Previous options at the top of the helpfile pages. The time you'll spend reading the helpfile will easily be made up for when you find your sessions are requiring less and less time because you've expanded your knowledge base of the program and can move much quicker."

As I am "old-schooled', I have both the SAW and SAC manuals in hard copy format and continue to read and re-read these well written documents.

Bob's User Manuals are indeed well written and instructive...
    Yea, but one of the funny things is some features may not be of importance to you at the time you read it, then sometime down the road you get an idea that makes you want to revisit something specific or maybe something that you barely remember.

I can never remember the names of features and some have pretty succinct write-ups. Invariably, when I peruse the manual searching for one thing, I find something else that strikes my interest and get sidetracked.

I find that when looking for something specific, you guys are a better resource for navigating the manual than an index could be - so thank you all!

John

I guess that I would have simply assumed that the first course-of-action was to read the available documentation!
    Fer sher.

I only added that note because for a long time the help file didn't contain the latest favored OS tweaks; we were going by the SAC Windows 8 tweaks document, IIRC. I was blown away last week to discover the in-depth presentation that Bob added to the help file at some point. Not sure how I missed it when it happened.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I will be adding this info to my website and our Facebook page.
    Hey Micro, what info specifically? Our replies? The poll results?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Hey Micro, what info specifically? Our replies? The poll results?
    The poll is for 90 days when done it will be interesting to see versions of SawStudio people are using.

Hey Mirco...I thought this survey was to indicate what version of Microsoft OS you're using not what version of SawStudio you're using?
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

Blog Entries

Danny,

As you stated, "...not what version of SawStudio you're using?" ... 'cause you can use 32-bit apps in a 64-bit environment!

As I mentioned previously, I still do not see the purpose of this poll!

It might have been more preferable to ask the question - merely as an example mind you, "Would the implication of a move to a 64-bit environment make it more likely or less likely to move from using 32-bit apps to 64-bit apps?" - or something like that.