Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Good fader pack?

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    In nearly any case its just EL-Inverter that will fail. (datenblatt-1570636-tru-components-we-50-el-inverter-5-vdc-schwarz-l-x-b-x-h-27-x-175-x-19-mm.pdf (conrad.com) ) which is easy to replace.

Tomy
    Thanks Tomy. You've given me something to research! Google search for EL inverter

In the process I came across this discussion on G/S.

This is a good read for understanding where the noise is coming from: https://www.ellumiglow.com/blog/intr...er-technology/

Thanks again.

dvp

P.s. I also have a Mackie C4 where the display is completely dead. Time to crack it open!
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 02-04-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    My old BCF 2000 finally went glitchy with one fader. I'd like to find a reliable replacement at reasonable cost. Recommendations?
    Not a recommendation but more just to add to the conversation, Softube have added deeper integration with the host software, where supported for their Console 1 and Console 1 Fader control etc. In theory could this be added to SAW/SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    My old BCF 2000 finally went glitchy with one fader. I'd like to find a reliable replacement at reasonable cost. Recommendations?
    Likely a little pricey coming from SSL but this landed in my inbox today: https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/uf8

These seem to get good reviews: https://www.presonus.com/products/Control-Surfaces
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 02-05-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Now that I have ordered a Behringer x-touch Extender, I'm wondering how to work around the fact that it does not have bank switch buttons. How will I make it navigate to the tracks I need to cover? And if Bob is indeed adding support for using just the extender unit, I that only going to be for 64 bit, or will this be available for 32 bit SawStudio as well?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

On SAC the extender works fine using the MCU emulation without VU data.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Not a recommendation but more just to add to the conversation, Softube have added deeper integration with the host software, where supported for their Console 1 and Console 1 Fader control etc. In theory could this be added to SAW/SAC?
    I looked at this for a bit. Looks pretty sweet. There's even a Youtube of Pete Townshend going off on how cool it is to work with.

As I understand it you place their Softube VST on each channel in the DAW that you want to control, then all the processing algos and even volume changes and pans are through Softube. That is, their controllers only control their software. Yeah, you could add plug-ins around that in SAW and add your own fader/pan/etc. automation in SAW, but that would all be outside of the Softube ecosystem.

Seems like an odd way to use SAWStudio. You'd kind of be deciding to go all in on the Softube approach, which basically puts an SSL console inside of your DAW of choice. Not a bad approach, I suppose. But certainly a new and different approach. Bear in mind this does nothing to control SAW parameters. So it's really not a solution to the fader-pack-to-control SAW question.

Then there's the question of automation of the Softube paramaters. Since SAW doesn't support any automation outside of native automation, I assume none of the Softube-controller-operated functions would be automatable (unless there's some way to sync it to time code and run it off of an internal sequencer). That gets a huge no-thank-you from me.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-05-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    On SAC the extender works fine using the MCU emulation without VU data.
    Okay, but how do you switch banks? How do you laterally move around the SAW mixer with it?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Okay, but how do you switch banks? How do you laterally move around the SAW mixer with it?
    click on the channel you want to edit with the mouse and depending on how you configure the control surface it will chase along with the channel selection.

You can also configure f-keys to do the bank/channel selection
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Seems like an odd way to use SAWStudio. You'd kind of be deciding to go all in on the Softube approach, which basically puts an SSL console inside of your DAW of choice. Not a bad approach, I suppose. But certainly a new and different approach. Bear in mind this does nothing to control SAW parameters. So it's really not a solution to the fader-pack-to-control SAW question.

Then there's the question of automation of the Softube paramaters. Since SAW doesn't support any automation outside of native automation, I assume none of the Softube-controller-operated functions would be automatable (unless there's some way to sync it to time code and run it off of an internal sequencer). That gets a huge no-thank-you from me.
    All very good points vis a vis SAWStudio. You're right, when considering this being used inside SAW, I'd forgotten about the SAW-VST automation thing. I'm soo lazy, I can't actually recall the last time I automated a plug-in.

I probably should have been more obvious with the link I posted. Control of host parameters seems to be a recent feature addition... I get their emails, but I don't remember that announcement.

https://www.softube.com/daw-compatib...with-console-1

They've a chart detailing supported parameters for the various hosts.

https://www.softube.com/support/faq-...nsole1dawchart

Hi,

Well, I just use it with SAC, where I fix the postion once using the Link Hardware to selected Channel in the mixer menu. Did you look into the SAW manual for the MCU_8EXT template's description?
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)