Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Good fader pack?

My old BCF 2000 finally went glitchy with one fader. I'd like to find a reliable replacement at reasonable cost. Recommendations?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Default Re: Good fader pack?

The old CM motormix packs still work well and the prices have gone down in the last couple of years. Built like a rock!

If your looking for something just for channel strips, the Behringer X-Touch extender works really well.

Channel Volume
    Chan Select
    Mute
    Solo
    Record Arm - (Not sure ARM works as I haven't tried the control surface with SAW Studio just SAC)
    Scribble Strip
    Pan
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I think I'm gonna get me one of these. More than a simple fader pack, though.

There are 8-fader extenders if you wanna add more, too.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    My old BCF 2000 finally went glitchy with one fader. I'd like to find a reliable replacement at reasonable cost. Recommendations?
    For SAW/SAC I felt the best controller was the Mackie MCU and in general, it's worked well for me. The display shows gobbledy gook once in a while but I assume that's unique to this unit. I kept the cost reasonable by finding a used one.

Unfortunately they are plagued with displays and/or display drivers that eventually die. In this one there's a part that emits a constant, just audible whine. Mine is the Alps fader version and is in otherwise great shape. I love the feel of the unit.

I've renewed interest in it since stumbling on a display kit on Reverb. I'm going to spring for it and see how it goes. I hope the whine goes away.

I like that Bob added support for the extender pack.

Anyway, that's a roundabout plug for the MCU.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 02-03-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I think I'm gonna get me one of these. More than a simple fader pack, though.

There are 8-fader extenders if you wanna add more, too.
    One of the things I like about their line-up is they cover a wide range of footprints and price points.

Looking forward to your report.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I'll mention an up-and-comer.

http://rucoproaudio.com/product-category/hardware/

The website seems slow (at least on Firefox) so be patient. It eventually does load.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    One of the things I like about their line-up is they cover a wide range of footprints and price points.

Looking forward to your report.
    Hi Dave,

This would be my first foray into high-resolution MIDI control of my DAW. I was figuring that since the G2 can do Mackie Control protocol, it should work fine with SAW. Is this simplistic thinking? Are there any gotchas I should look out for? Also—do you think their MIDI self-mapping software would be helpful at all to fill out some of the buttons and knobs?

Appreciate your (or anyone else's) seasoned input.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    I kept the cost reasonable by finding a used one. Unfortunately they are plagued with displays and/or display drivers that eventually die. In this one there's a part that emits a constant, just audible whine. Mine is the Alps fader version and is in otherwise great shape. I love the feel of the unit.
    In nearly any case its just EL-Inverter that will fail. (datenblatt-1570636-tru-components-we-50-el-inverter-5-vdc-schwarz-l-x-b-x-h-27-x-175-x-19-mm.pdf (conrad.com) ) which is easy to replace.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Blog Entries

Good day,

I do believe the Allan Richardson used the Mackie Universal Control Pro for the Elton John tour.

Maybe Bob knows of some tweaks or retrofits for these units?