Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Waveform amplitude in SawStudio?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Almost. The former maximizes or minimizes MT track size, "focused" on the topmost tack in the MT view. It's shift+PgUp/PgDn that incrementally changes MT track size.

The latter (numpad digits or +/-) change the horizontal zoom level of the MT (each digit representing a fixed zoom level). Ctrl+numpad +/- maximizes/minimizes the MT horizontal zoom, respectively. Ctrl+numpad digits changes the horizontal zoom level of only the hottrack.
    Wow Dave! I didn't know that about Ctrl/numberpad number!! That's the same as Shift/Page up/down, too!

I just discovered 2 other commands I didn't know, when I accidently created a marked area (sloppy fingers on the page up/down keys) and looked up how to clear it without right-clicking on the timeline (as I usually would do) - Press 'C' - DUH! who would've thunk?

Wish I could retain all these keyboard combos for when I'm using the laptop without a mouse scroll wheel.
    But I only use that a few times a year and never have the time to look it up or experiment in the heat of the moment...
    Someday, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Wow Dave! I didn't know that about Ctrl/numberpad number!! That's the same as Shift/Page up/down, too!

I just discovered 2 other commands I didn't know, when I accidently created a marked area (sloppy fingers on the page up/down keys) and looked up how to clear it without right-clicking on the timeline (as I usually would do) - Press 'C' - DUH! who would've thunk?

Wish I could retain all these keyboard combos for when I'm using the laptop without a mouse scroll wheel.
    But I only use that a few times a year and never have the time to look it up or experiment in the heat of the moment...
    Someday, maybe.
    Yeah, I only discovered a couple of the above yesterday as I was checking stuff out. Never tried some of those key combos before. But I knew there was some misinformation, so it had to be set straight!

Working on a laptop is no fun for this stuff. And without a mouse? Fagetaboudit.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Yeah, I only discovered a couple of the above yesterday as I was checking stuff out. Never tried some of those key combos before. ... Working on a laptop is no fun for this stuff. And without a mouse? Fagetaboudit.
    Doing this without a pointing device would be impossible - but almost everywhere you can use them, the keyboard shortcuts are best.

...maybe micro will be tempted to create a navigation/shortcut instructional...

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Doing this without a pointing device would be impossible - but almost everywhere you can use them, the keyboard shortcuts are best.

...maybe micro will be tempted to create a navigation/shortcut instructional...
    I still remember the day back in 90-something when I moved from the numpad +/- for zooming to the mouse wheel. Changed my life/never looked back, etc.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I still remember the day back in 90-something when I moved from the numpad +/- for zooming to the mouse wheel. Changed my life/never looked back, etc.
    No doubt!
    I even started carrying a wireless usb trackball with me to laptop sessions where I thought I'd need to do any editing on the job..... even though that in itself is its own hassle. especially when there's not enough desk space for even a stationary trackball mouse.

I am really relieved to find a couple of really useful keyboard options now, though! If I ever get to use the laptop at a location recording again, that is..... it's not looking promising around here.

Hi;
    The table below might be useful, they are the most common keyboard commands / combinations I use
    (and which I included in my scroll wheel / separate Keypad I made for use with Sawstudio)

Escape (0x29 + 0x88)
    Undo [0x24] (132) + ,
    Cut Region at cursor "k"
    Cut to RHS from Cursor [dunno how to yet] (134) + R
    Shrink Timeline (KeyPad -) (136+86)
    Select ( Purple Btn) "s"
    Auto On/Off ( Yellow Btn) "a"
    Auto Select Filter "v"
    OffSet ( Blue Btn) "o"
    Expand Timeline (KeyPad +) (136+87)
    Wave Expand (MT) Right Shift + Page Up [0x25] (133) + (211)
    Region Begin "b"
    Clear Selected "c"
    Region End "e"
    Up Arrow (0xDA) (136+82)
    Wave Contract (MT) Right Shift + Page Down [0x26] (133) + (214)
    Goto Previous Automation Change (shft+ctrl+TAB)
    (129) + (128) + (179) [0x27]
    Void prev_auto
    Fade to Next Automation Change "f"
    TAB (0x2B + 0x88)
    Down Arrow (0xD9) (136+81)
    Home (0x4A + 0x88)
    Alt (0x82) (130)
    Shift (0x81) (129)
    END (0x4D + 0x88)
    Play / Pause (requires Autohotkey macro) (136+88)

Cheers;
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com