Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Waveform amplitude in SawStudio?

Loooooonnng-time user; newbie question:

In SawStudio (basic), in Sound File View, I can make the waveform "bigger" or "smaller" with the buttons, up/0db/dn. How do I make the same thing happen in MultiTrack View?

In YEARS of using this program daily, I've never needed this feature. Today, I triggered a "bigger" by mistake and have no idea how to undo it (or do it again).

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

Blog Entries

Default Re: Waveform amplitude in SawStudio?

Kevin,

I believe that you can use a combination of the [Ctrl+Scroll] and the [Page Up][Page Down] keys.

Funny, I hardly ever even think about how anymore!

But on the desktop pc, I use Ctrl/mouse wheel to make the waveform of the hot track larger/smaller.
    I can't even think of how to do this on a laptop, without a scroll mouse.

AHA!!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration to check, Dell.

Use Shift/Page Up/Down on either desktop or laptop!

Yay! now I know how, too.

5. Default Re: Waveform amplitude in SawStudio?

Found it in the help file: Shift/pg up and Shift/pg dn

And I know what you mean about not having to think about it. My fingers are a blur with shortcuts.

Thanks for responses.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,
    I can't even think of how to do this on a laptop, without a scroll mouse.
    ... It really depends on the Make/Model of the laptop, and whether or not you have installed the touch-pad software.
    • I generally do not install the touch-pad software due to background processes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    UpTilDawn,
    ... It really depends on the Make/Model of the laptop, and whether or not you have installed the touch-pad software.
    • I generally do not install the touch-pad software due to background processes and such.
    Anyway, now I know how to do it without the need for specialized software or hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Kevin,

I believe that you can use a combination of the [Ctrl+Scroll] and the [Page Up][Page Down] keys.
    To be clear: it's ctrl+scroll wheel on a mouse or shift+PgUp / shift+PgDn on a keyboard. PgUp/PgDn will change the height of the MT tracks.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Funny, I hardly ever even think about how anymore!
    I didn't reply for fear of the wrong answer - even though I use this all the time.

I might get any of this wrong for the same reason, but a related feature is: There is also ctrl page-up&down to make the track bigger. and numberpad + or - or digits.

An unnoticed (by me - probably for years) is alt-h - rollover help. I find that is very useful for these types of questions. In this case, you would click on the waveform display and see what there is. I don't know that it is all encompassing, but concise.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    There is also ctrl page-up&down to make the track bigger. and numberpad + or - or digits.
    Almost. The former maximizes or minimizes MT track size, "focused" on the topmost tack in the MT view. It's shift+PgUp/PgDn that incrementally changes MT track size.

The latter (numpad digits or +/-) change the horizontal zoom level of the MT (each digit representing a fixed zoom level). Ctrl+numpad +/- maximizes/minimizes the MT horizontal zoom, respectively. Ctrl+numpad digits changes the horizontal zoom level of only the hottrack.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 01-27-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts