Close

Default Channel Strip Gate/Compressor Threshold Waveform Reference Lines

I've never been able to get them to "calibrate" correctly. What could I be doing wrong?

Even when there's no processing prior to the gate, for example, I'll set them well above/below a waveform peak, but the peak will still open the gate.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: Channel Strip Gate/Compressor Threshold Waveform Reference Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I've never been able to get them to "calibrate" correctly. What could I be doing wrong?

Even when there's no processing prior to the gate, for example, I'll set them well above/below a waveform peak, but the peak will still open the gate.
    Could this be one of those times when there's no peaking?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Could this be one of those times when there's no peaking?
    Maybe no peeking. But certainly there's peaking.
    Becket, Massachusetts

This seems to work fine here.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you made changes to the Mixer/ Pre Patch Signal Flow, or Mixer/EQ Dynamic Signal settings and saved then in your default setup?
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    This seems to work fine here.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you made changes to the Mixer/ Pre Patch Signal Flow, or Mixer/EQ Dynamic Signal settings and saved then in your default setup?
    That's it! Nice brainwork, Michael!

I made those changes to my most-used template so long ago that I'd forgotten about them! I actually have both signal-flow mixer options enabled for the first five or six tracks by default.

Thanks, my man! It's so nice to have access to clear-headed outside perspectives!
    Becket, Massachusetts