Close

Default Mixdown question/ Autohotkey/LUNA

Hi all,
    I'm using Sawstudio to mix down voice tracks for our radio station, with dropbox as the destination....Is there a way to keep it from sending the .wpd file with each bounce?

What is that?

Also, I've read where autohotkey will work with Saw, but it is a little over my head. I'm a Mac guy, and use Keyboard Maestro, which is very simple to make some hotkey short cuts.....
    anything like that in the Windows world?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Oh..one last thought......I've been playing around with a new program called LUNA, it's a DAW made to work with UAD audio stuff. It's kind of funny, it's a lot like Sawstudio, with that analog/console type feel, but only 25 years behind Bob!!!!

I'll buy a coffee for anyone who can make an autohotkey for Saw that when Windows key +B is pressed you get E Home B keys, in that order.
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Default Re: Mixdown question/ Autohotkey/LUNA

Quote Originally Posted by richswit View Post
    ....Is there a way to keep it from sending the .wpd file with each bounce?

What is that?
    That is the waveform peak data file. Try pressing the w key so waves are not displayed before you make the file. I don't know if it will not be generated or not, also there may be an option to not open the soundfile view automatically. You may also be able to define a path for the wpds. I think you may have to surf the manual...

Do not output files from SawStudio directly to a Dropbox directory. Save them first to an internal directory, and when done, COPY from that directory into Dropbox. I always have a locally saved copy of any work, and then send from that to Dropbox. So what if it's an extra step? It is safe and it works.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by richswit View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm using Sawstudio to mix down voice tracks for our radio station, with dropbox as the destination....Is there a way to keep it from sending the .wpd file with each bounce?

What is that?
    I don't believe so. I typically follow Cary's suggestion: I buildmix to a subfolder of the session folder, then copy that WAV to the Dropbox folder of interest. That way I always know I have a copy of the buildmix archived on my system when it comes time to clean out my Dropbox folders (which can be many months down the road).

There's probably a way to automatically sync just WAV files in an assigned output folder (which will have both the WAV and WPD output files) with the desired destination Dropbox folder. That would save you from having to 1) wait around for the buildmix(es) to complete, and 2) do the copy/pasting yourself.

Clever folks could probably write a script. I, not being very clever, would probably look into something like RealTimeSync, which uses FreeFileSync. I would guess that there are other, lighter-weight solutions out there. This is just the fist thing I came across with a quick Google.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Ok...good idea with the mix to a folder on the desktop, then just send the .wav files.....not that I want to keep these files for me, but delete is just a click away......

Thanks gents!

I will check out those other hot key programs.
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net