Close

Default Record template usage

I've tried saving a few record templates. When I open them it does not seem to do anything - clicking on a track arm just goes to the usual default device - the first stereo input. If I ctrl click arm, it just freezes for a few moments and I have to click on the muti-track before continuing. I assume I am doing something wrong in either saving, or putting int use, or maybe I just don't don't know what it is supposed to do.

Default Re: Record template usage

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I've tried saving a few record templates. When I open them it does not seem to do anything - clicking on a track arm just goes to the usual default device - the first stereo input. If I ctrl click arm, it just freezes for a few moments and I have to click on the muti-track before continuing. I assume I am doing something wrong in either saving, or putting int use, or maybe I just don't don't know what it is supposed to do.
    Yeah, it's a little confusing IIRC. I think you have to do the ctrl-click to close whatever MT record meter/input assignments you've built on the screen, then save the record template. Something like that. I may be missing something. I do it once every five years.

The hard part is to associate a rec template with a mix template. I think that's doable. But I can never remember how to do it.

When all else fails, RTFM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

ctrl click the close corner - that's what I've been missing - and then save. It's never been much of an issue, usually I just do a track or two, but recently, I've been working with the same band. Thanks Dave.

The templates are clearly going to be timesavers - although I copied a pretty much mixed session to make a mix template. I should probably have bypassed or removed all of the plugins and undone a bunch of stuff before saving it, as I have a bunch of musical decisions that aren't based on what we will be recording.
    Last edited by jmh; 03-02-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    ctrl click the close corner - that's what I've been missing - and then save. It's never been much of an issue, usually I just do a track or two, but recently, I've been working with the same band. Thanks Dave.

The templates are clearly going to be timesavers - although I copied a pretty much mixed session to make a mix template. I should probably have bypassed or removed all of the plugins and undone a bunch of stuff before saving it, as I have a bunch of musical decisions that aren't based on what we will be recording.
    You can always still do that whenever you like, spinning off of that mix template. And as many times as you like, creating as many variations of that mix template as you like. From complex to ultra stripped-down. The hardest part is coming up with a name for each one. And that's not a bad problem to have.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries