Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: Microsoft force-updates more devices to Windows 10 version 20H2

Good day,

A goodie for us all - "nope"!: [Click_Me]

Not too sure how this will all play-out on 2019 releases? Busy at the moment- but will test this out in a few days.

For you disk imaging guys, I would suggest doing one as-quickly-as-is-possible.

Update: For those that use non-Internet connected system, how is MS going to attempt to update those systems? I wonder?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-09-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: OT: Microsoft force-updates more devices to Windows 10 version 20H2

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

A goodie for us all - "nope"!: [Click_Me]

Not too sure how this will all play-out on 2019 releases? Busy at the moment- but will test this out in a few days.

For you disk imaging guys, I would suggest doing one as-quickly-as-is-psossible.
    Your using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC aren't you?
    Any idea if that will effect you and how?
    I am on Ent LTSC, reason I ask.
    Looks lik e Old Bill not only want to be a farmer, a doctor, God know what else.
    And still messing with our PAID for OS's Grrrrrrrr!

Warren
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Blog Entries

Default Re: OT: Microsoft force-updates more devices to Windows 10 version 20H2

Goo day,

Well I guess there is some good news.

Just installed Windows 10 LTSB, v1809, Build 17763.1817 and for the last two hours I have been checking and double checking updates ...and no issues at all!

From an acquaintance: "You cannot upgrade to LTSC - as an inplace upgrade, from Windows 10 edition in different service channels. For example, you will not be able to upgrade from Windows 10 1809 to Windows 10 LTSB 2019 without completely reinstalling the operating system. However, you can upgrade your LTSB (C) version to a newer one."

As I do not have an LTSC version, I am not able to verify this for myself.

Update: I just installed 2019 LTSC and I could not get that version to update! So, this would appear to be good news.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-17-2021 at 06:02 PM.