Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Odd Prompt When Converting SAWStudio64-output WAV to MP3

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Maybe re-install the LAME codec?
    Good thought. I swapped out the LAME.exe file at "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)". Went from 3.99 to 3.100.

No difference in behavior, though.

And, of course, there's the fact that my SS32-output WAVs are fine in dBpoweramp, so...

I even tried WAV output files from two other installations of SS64 on this machine. Both had the same issue.

It's a stumper.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 03-17-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    1) Thanks for the insights.

2) Are we sure this warning is describing the source WAV file and not the resulting MP3 file? It only pops up after the MP3 has been completed.

3) I'll send you a short WAV that I created in SS64 that produces the prompt upon conversion to MP3 in dBPoweramp.

4) I'm not so sure about dBpoweramp being the problem, yet. I uninstalled/rebooted/installed the same version as Michael and still get the same warning! But only for SS64-output WAVs!
    1. You betcha. I moved a lot of data out of files into databases over 30 years and now I'm retired. So, it's kinda fun to dip a toe in.
    2. No. So far as I know, we're not sure of anything. But, RIFF files are not the same format as MP3 files are. Error msg mentions 'chunk' - which is RIFF.
    3. OK, good. I'll be looking for it after dinner.
    4. At the moment, I'm leaning toward Massachusetts electricity.

Let me send a SAW64 16 bit file to you and see if it fails on your system.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
    1. You betcha. I moved a lot of data out of files into databases over 30 years and now I'm retired. So, it's kinda fun to dip a toe in.
    2. No. So far as I know, we're not sure of anything. But, RIFF files are not the same format as MP3 files are. Error msg mentions 'chunk' - which is RIFF.
    3. OK, good. I'll be looking for it after dinner.
    4. At the moment, I'm leaning toward Massachusetts electricity.
    I have nice UPS buffering my DAW computer from the evil outside world.

So the latest is that it appears to be an Admin permissions issue. MMP suggested it. I didn't know how to run the context menu convert function as admin, so I ran the dBPoweramp Music Converter as admin. It uses the same core converter. Doing it there, like that, worked without causing the prompt.

I found the CoreConverter.exe file (which is used by the other programs in the dBpoweramp suite) and set it to run as admin, but then it fails and gives a whole different prompt. WTH? Even if it had worked, I'd be entering a password or PIN every time I wanted to quickly, easily, convert a WAV or batch of WAVs in File Explorer, my standard way of working. GRRRRR.

I jumped over to my Administrator user account and did the context-menu conversion without issue, just as I've always known it to be in my pre-SS64, pre-non-admin-level-user-account days.

But why SS32 and SS64 get different results is quite the head-scratcher.

I'm leaning hard toward dropping this whole non-admin-user-account approach to my day-to-day computer work. It's just becoming too much of a PITA.

Thank you MMP for your insights once again!
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Let me send a SAW64 16 bit file to you and see if it fails on your system.
    Thanks. You did, and it did. As you know.

And in other news... now we know why Dave is adding admin permissions back to his regular user account.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I have nice UPS buffering my DAW computer from the evil outside world.

I'm leaning hard toward dropping this whole non-admin-user-account approach to my day-to-day computer work. It's just becoming too much of a PITA.
    Dave,
    You may re-think using an account with Admin privileges. New warning about Microsoft Admin users:

carlg
    3:37 PM
    Microsoft: Reported vulnerabilities has risen a whopping 181% from 2016-2020. https://www.healthcareitnews.com/new...urity-insights

Healthcare IT News
    Microsoft vulnerabilities report offers key cybersecurity insights
    In 2020, a record number of 1,268 Microsoft vulnerabilities were discovered, a 48% increase year over year, a BeyondTrust report finds. Its CISO sits for an interview to dig deep into the findings.

So, now MS is saying 70% of critical vulnerabilities could be avoided by removing admin privileges (using non Admin user profile)

Frustrating conclusion: 100% of Microsoft vulnerabilities could be removed by removing Microsoft altogether.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 03-18-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Thanks. You did, and it did. As you know.

And in other news... now we know why Dave is adding admin permissions back to his regular user account.
    Dave,
    Just side question.... doesn't LACE work with Jbridge in SAWStudio-64?
    I'm still in slow transition of switching all over to 64bit... reluctant to give up Sonoris stuff, etc.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    100% of Microsoft vulnerabilities could be removed by removing Microsoft altogether.
    Okay, I'll go with Plan C, then.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Dave,
    Just side question.... doesn't LACE work with Jbridge in SAWStudio-64?
    I'm still in slow transition of switching all over to 64bit... reluctant to give up Sonoris stuff, etc.
    I had that thought. My next thought was... JBridge works with VSTs, not with SS native plugins, ya dummy.

So am I a dummy for having that initial thought? Or for having that next thought?
    Becket, Massachusetts

I had that thought. My next thought was... JBridge works with VSTs, not with SS native plugins, ya dummy.

So am I a dummy for having that initial thought? Or for having that next thought?
    AH!!! Nope.... we think alike. I just answered the same to your other post. And your 'next thought' is the answer!

We need a generic VST 64bit version of an MP3 creator that can be used in SawStudio 64. Maybe my son can write one. He once wrote a Native CD burner for SawStudio, but we never got the Graphics going for it. He does some pretty amazing stuff (Developer for Bloomberg & on the Steering Committee for the Jupyter Project).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 03-26-2021 at 12:38 AM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com